New drivers posted for Mac and Win, version 6.3.25. Now supporting OSX High Sierra. Windows driver 6.3.25-3 has a known issue when using the WL Kit - this will be fixed soon. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Cintiq 27HD black screen/ no display issue

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
ShamanicHarmonics

Cintiq 27HD black screen/ no display issue

Postby ShamanicHarmonics » Sun 30. Jul 2017, 20:17

While working normally on Lenovo Laptop (Ideapad p500), Windows 8.1, i7 with Wacom cintiq 27HD touch connected via USB+HDMI, the Wacom screen went black and would not come back on. Blue LED power indicator and 3 white icons in upper right corner all showing on.

I powered off the Wacom and turned it back on . Again the LED light and icons all show power to be on, but there is no “Wacom” welcome screen, only black.

Shining a flashlight into the Cintiq (in multiple configurations) shows nothing but black screen.

In my Windows control panel I went into the Display > Change the Appearance of your Displays and the CINTIQ was not showing at all as a display. However the pen would move and click the cursor on the laptop screen by pointing at the Cintiq.

I went into my Intel Graphics card Control Panel to see if I could get any different results, but it was the same. CINTIQ was not showing at all as a display. However the pen would move and click the cursor on the laptop screen by pointing at the Cintiq.

I turned off the Cintiq power and immediately in both my Intel and Windows display control panels, the Cintiq was recognized as a second display. This is ONLY when the Cintiq is powered off. So it can now be detected by the laptop, but not used, since the power is off. Pen does not work as cursor.

Attempted fixes – none successful
1. Updated Windows, Updated Wacom drivers, Updated Intel Drivers
2. Restarting computer after updates (multiple times)
3. Tested all cable connections in back of Cintiq
4. Power cycle Cintiq – unplug for 10 seconds, then power back on
5. Shining Flashlight on screen to see if any display can be detected (none visible)
6. Plugged Cintiq into separate (tower) gaming computer via HDMI + USB direct to motherboard
a. Windows and Nvidia Display control panel do NOT recognize Cintiq as 2nd display, pen DOES work as cursor
7. Plugged Cintiq into separate (tower) gaming computer via HDMI + USB direct to graphics card
a. Windows and Nvidia Display control panel recognizes Cintiq, pen DOES work as cursor
8. Plugged Cintiq into separate (tower) gaming computer via DisplayPort + USB direct to motherboard
a. Windows and Nvidia Display control panel do NOT recognize Cintiq as 2nd display, pen DOES work as cursor
9. Plugged Cintiq into separate (tower) gaming computer via DisplayPort + USB direct to graphics card

Gaming computer is also Windows 8.1, Intel Core i7 965 3.2GHz, Motherboard Asus Z270-A, ASUS Geforce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

wacom4

Re: Cintiq 27HD black screen/ no display issue

Postby wacom4 » Mon 31. Jul 2017, 07:40

Thanks for the detailed troubleshooting!
My guess is, that other displays work on both PCs. Correct?
We will get in contact with you - this needs direct contact with our support team.

Return to “Pen Displays”