New drivers posted for Mac and Win, version 6.3.25. Now supporting OSX High Sierra. Windows driver 6.3.25-3 is updated to versiob 6.3.25-5 now to fix an issue with the WL Kit. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Cintiq 16 pro frequently loses connection with art pen

Cintiq and Cintiq Pro
wgan001

Cintiq 16 pro frequently loses connection with art pen

Postby wgan001 » Mon 14. Aug 2017, 07:14

windows 10, latest driver, in this case I heavily use art pen (2nd gen) in Photoshop, 16 pro loses connection to art pen very frequently on a daily basis, I'm not sure if its because it has some issue with art pen (as it seems art pen is not 'officially' supported by 16 pro yet) or its a common problem, it just all of a sudden loses the connection with the stylus, even if you switch to pro pen 2, it wouldn't solve the problem, you have to restart the service (hence you have to restart photoshop as well), its so frequent that its becoming a major problem, anyone here has got the same problem and is there any fix for this?

wacom1

Re: Cintiq 16 pro frequently loses connection with art pen

Postby wacom1 » Mon 14. Aug 2017, 08:33

The Art pen is supported for the Cintiq Pro 16 and should work well. If the reaction stops, unplug and replug the tablet. If that works, there is a problem with the USB data transfer. Check USB power saving options and make sure that Win10 does not turn off the USB port you are using. (Windows may want to save power and switch USB to low speed or turn it off).

wgan001

Postby wgan001 » Thu 17. Aug 2017, 03:27

unfortunately it does not solve this problem, replug usb brings the cursor back, but you lost all the pressure sensitivity in Photoshop, so still you have to restart the service and photoshop.

elsevilla

Postby elsevilla » Thu 17. Aug 2017, 20:19

Man i wish only the artpen didnt worked, mine stop working randomly, not even the touch works, i have to restart the pc, not even turning on and off. Drivers of wacom aint right.

wgan001

Postby wgan001 » Mon 28. Aug 2017, 01:02

tried everything, usb setting doesn't do the trick, still the same problem, random drop out, you have to restart the service, please note, simply replug the usb doesn't solve this problem, it will bring cursor back, but the driver is off, so you still have to restart the service so the driver is back to normal,

to round this up,
the problem: randomly lose connection so the stylus not working anymore, you have to restart the service by going through service.msc and search Wacom professional service then restart it, if you are in Photoshop, you have to restart Photoshop as well after that.

wgan001

Postby wgan001 » Thu 31. Aug 2017, 05:26

while the problem persists, I want to point out as far as I'm aware, almost every time it occurs, it happens around bottom right corner, visually, around where Photoshop layers panel normally sits, maybe its something else, but that's one thing I notice if it somehow helps, as frustrating as it gets and rather blaming bad usb connection as Wacom claims, I still hope Wacom is trying to address this issue and fix it in the near future.

wacom4

Postby wacom4 » Mon 4. Sep 2017, 14:03

Did you try the latest driver from http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers?
What does the Diagnose tell you about the Art Pen (and does the Erase side differ from this)?
-> Open the Wacom Tablet Properties, click on ABOUT. In the ABOUT window choose DIAGNOSE.
This will open the Diagnostics window which shows the pen position and pressure.
Hold the pen a few millimeter above the surface. Now the pen position should be shown with a pressure near zero. When you press the pen on the tablet, the pressure value should rise from this value to 100% and back to 0 when you release the pressure.

wgan001

Postby wgan001 » Wed 13. Sep 2017, 06:06

on latest driver, still occurs several times a day, tried different usb port, none helped, such an awful experience, I don't think it's hardware related because everything can be fixed by restarting service hence its just something wrong with the driver.

wacom5

Postby wacom5 » Fri 15. Sep 2017, 08:56

Hi,
may I ask you if you could do the diagnose, described in the previous answer?
The troubleshooting will help us to solve your problem.
Wacom Support

wgan001

Postby wgan001 » Fri 13. Oct 2017, 06:39

wacom5 wrote:Hi,
may I ask you if you could do the diagnose, described in the previous answer?
The troubleshooting will help us to solve your problem.
Wacom Support

the scenario is when the display loses connection to the stylus, there's no way to see the diagnose because the driver cannot be loaded/found, that's the thing Wacom needs to address, why suddenly the driver is not working anymore, by resolving this, you have to open services.msc to restart the service, then everything's back to normal hence you can see the diagnose but by then it won't matter because it always shows the correct data because the driver is back to work, I can't make it any clearer than this, yes I'm using the latest driver and yes this still happens several times a day and yes when this happens most of the time its around right side of the display (but I can't be 100% positive on this).

Return to “Pen Displays”