NEW tablet driver 6.3.22-3 for OSX released. For release notes use the link below the driver on the download page. Problem mit modifiers on keyboard getting stuck was fixed.

Laste version for for Windows 6.3.21-10: Fixed several problems related to touch on display tablets. Last update for an issue with transferring paper sketches or sketching in Inkspace

Drivers work but no pen pressure in Sai

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
meepymaybelle

Drivers work but no pen pressure in Sai

Postby meepymaybelle » Mon 10. Apr 2017, 20:53

The new Intuos Pro was already a headache to get working at all. Now it won't do anything with the one program I need it for, the driver works, the pressure works in the settings, yet when I go into sai it has no pressure. Help me out here, and don't just say "use photoshop" because I tried and I hate it, same with GIMP or anything other than Sai. How can I get it to work?

EDIT: Also the bluetooth is laggy, pressure barely works, have to press extremely hard to get a response. Why can't I just got this stupid thing to work!? I paid so much for it, the least it could do is function.

EDIT: Please? Someone? I'm begging for help here, without art I might as well be DEAD. Surely I can't be the only person on the planet with these problems... please help me...

JuliMmmm

Re: Drivers work but no pen pressure in Sai

Postby JuliMmmm » Fri 21. Apr 2017, 13:59

You are not the only one with the issue! Drivers seem to work, but I have no pressure in Photoshop cc2015!! Autodesk Sketchbook either! I have pressure with Photoshop cs6, but it has a huge glitch and is very annoying for work. And the problems are the same on 3 different computers!!
And Wacom support has been unable to resolve the issues. This is such a waste of time and money.

wacom1

Re: Drivers work but no pen pressure in Sai

Postby wacom1 » Fri 21. Apr 2017, 14:58

First open the tablet control panel or Wacom Desktop Center. It will warn you, if the driver is not working or the tablet not detected. - If you have access, click on About then diagnose. You can check the pen detection and pressure there - also in the pen settings. If you need to press too hard, you can adjust the tip feel slider. In the detailed/advanced settings you can move to top pressure threshold down to get maximium pressure without access physical pressure on the pen. That should make sure that the hardware is ok. - For pressure in application please understand that the driver puts the pressure info in a 'bucket', where it has to be picked up and used by the application. There are 2 different 'buckets', one is called Windows Ink, the other 'Wintab'. The application is responsible to pick the pressure data from one of these buckets. (Note: if you had another tablet before, you may have another, old wintab file still on the system, that needs to be removed before it can be overwritten by new driver installation.)

Other Photoshop versions looked into 'Wintab', newer version look into 'Windows Ink'. The 'Use Windows Ink' option must be enabled in the tablet driver, if Photoshop CC should use it. For Paint tool SAI it is better to have Windows Ink turned off.

Return to “Pen Tablets”