New drivers posted for Mac and Win, version 6.3.25. Now supporting OSX High Sierra. Windows driver 6.3.25-3 has a known issue when using the WL Kit - this will be fixed soon. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Cursor slides to the right on its own

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
pierrox

Cursor slides to the right on its own

Postby pierrox » Fri 22. Sep 2017, 11:45

First post here, because it's my first annoying issue after years of Wacoms - first one was an Intuos with ADB connection...

I work with an Intuos Pen & Touch medium, CTH-680. I really like this model because it's the right size on my desktop, especially as the active surface is almost the size of the tablet itself, so no desk space wasted.

I'm a film editor working with Avid Media Composer, so I have a setup with two monitors for extra space. I'm always working in "mouse" mode because it requires less travelling on the tablet. I also deactivated the touch features on this one as it gets in the way with the pen.

I recently updated my Mac Pro to Sierra 10.12.6. Did a clean install. Updated the Wacom drivers to the latest available 6.3.24-something. I noticed an issue I've never seen before: when the cursor is on the left monitor, each time I move the pen on the tablet, the cursor slides slowly to the right. It's very annoying, especially if for instance I'm scrolling through a long text window. Each time I bring the pen up, the cursor shifts to the right, to the point that I have to fight it to keep it on the window slider. That only happens on the left monitor, on the right monitor no problem. I can make a video to show it, it's probably easier than trying to describe it.

I deleted the preferences, same thing. I un-installed and went back to 6.3.23-4 that I had installed on my El Capitan system, same thing. I tried with usb-connection, same thing. Wireless, same thing. I thought I was getting mad.

Since my Mac had several partitions, I booted back on the El Capitan partition - which still has 6.3.23-4. Absolutely fine, no problem. Rebooted into Sierra, problem reappears after a few seconds.

So I'm back on El Capitan, I installed the latest Avid Media Composer on it, and I can work. But it's frustrating because I have other softwares that require Sierra. How do I get help from Wacom?

wacom1

Re: Cursor slides to the right on its own

Postby wacom1 » Fri 22. Sep 2017, 14:04

It is all fine with the tablet in pen mode ? Can you try the older 6.3.15 driver ? For some situations that can work better for Sierra. Apart from that would be good to see a video with the issue - that makes it easier for the software QA team to reproduce (and fix) the problem.

pierrox

Postby pierrox » Fri 22. Sep 2017, 16:20

Thanks for your feedback. I will try that driver and report.

I tried with the option "Each monitor has its own Spaces" activated in the Mission Control prefpane but it doesn't make any difference.

Pen mode works fine, which makes sense as any part of the tablet refers directly to a corresponding spot on the monitors.

I made two little videos. First, the right hand monitor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nzYPRdHhnM

It just behaves as expected: I move the pen up and down and the cursor does the same.

And now on the left hand monitor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtqLGFYjB_U

You can see how the cursor drifts to the right as I do the same move. And from 8 seconds, you can see my hand aiming bottom-left and the cursor slowly going bottom-right. In fact the slower I move, the more pronounced the drift is. If I move fast, no problem. But if I slow down, for instance aiming at a tick-box on a webpage, then the cursor really drifts.
That's what makes it annoying (ok: unusable without frustration) really...

pierrox

Postby pierrox » Fri 22. Sep 2017, 16:35

Tried with the older drivers and it's less pronounced: if I do the up/down move, it doesn't drift to the right. But if I move slowly to the left, then it just stays where it is.
I tried playing with the Acceleration settings, same thing whichever I used.

pierrox

Postby pierrox » Wed 27. Sep 2017, 16:55

Adding some info that could be related: I have a Nvidia GTX980Ti GPU, and therefore I had to install the Nvidia Web Drivers. By coincidence, I found out that there were issues on machines running Wacom and Nvidia drivers.
Could it be related?

pierrox

Postby pierrox » Tue 10. Oct 2017, 14:00

Updating my own thread, hoping it's read by Support and helps them.

I found out that when the cursor shows this "sliding behavior", if I take it to the extreme left of the left monitor, and move it around, then it behaves normally again (sometimes the entire day, sometimes just an hour).

Return to “Pen Tablets”