New drivers posted for Mac and Win, version 6.3.25. Now supporting OSX High Sierra. Windows driver 6.3.25-3 is updated to versiob 6.3.25-5 now to fix an issue with the WL Kit. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

tablet for both photo editing and drawing

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
MajaSt

tablet for both photo editing and drawing

Postby MajaSt » Sun 15. Oct 2017, 08:55

Hello,

I can't decide which one I should buy, I do both photo editing and ilustrations. Can you work in ilustrator/inkspace with Wacom Photo, or should I buy Wacom Art? Maybe you have other suggestions? Thank you for help!

OCDnibwear

Re: tablet for both photo editing and drawing

Postby OCDnibwear » Mon 16. Oct 2017, 08:23

As far as I know of, the only differences between those two models are essentially bundled software and the size(s) for those models.

If bundled software is not of an issue, I would personally recommend getting a medium sized Intuos Art for two reasons:
* A larger sized tablet allows you to draw longer strokes when doing illustration. Intuos Photo only comes in small size.
* You can remap the active area of the tablet if you are uncomfortable with moving around too much when it comes to minor touch-ups. This is probably handy if you are dealing with either a small display and/or you don't see the need to use the entire active area of the tablet for that particular task on hand.
Besides, a larger sized tablet is beneficial when you intend on upgrading your display (to a larger sized one for instance). A smaller sized tablet is beneficial if space is an issue and/or you intend to take it to places wherever you want to go.

Source(s):
* Wacom Intuos Photo Creative Pen Tablet Review CTH-490
* The New Wacom intuos Draw, Art, Photo and Comic Review, Comparison for all models (CTL490DW,CTL490DB,CTH690AK, CTH690AB ,CTH490PK ,CTH490CK CTH490CB,CTH490AK,CTH490AB )
* How to choose the best Wacom pen tablet for your needs (scroll down to the section titled: Intuos vs. Intuos Pro)
Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pro Large (2017 "Paper Edition")

Code: Select all

Bus 003 Device 006: ID 056a:0358 Wacom Co., Ltd PTH-860 [Intuos Pro (L)]

Return to “Pen Tablets”