New drivers posted for Mac and Win, version 6.3.25. Now supporting OSX High Sierra. Windows driver 6.3.25-3 is updated to versiob 6.3.25-5 now to fix an issue with the WL Kit. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Brush size shortcut in PS no longer working

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
LoicJooris

Brush size shortcut in PS no longer working

Postby LoicJooris » Thu 19. Oct 2017, 12:58

Hey there, I'm having a very specific problem, and could use some assistance.

My default software for digital painting is Photoshop, and it does have a rather useful shortcut to change the size of the brush on the fly, by holding down the Alt key, right clicking and holding then dragging left or right to adjust brush size. After updating to the latest version of Photoshop, CC 2018, as well as the newest Windows 10 update (1709), that specific shortcut is no longer functional...when using the pen buttons !

I've triple checked that both buttons on my tablet pen are set to "right click", as they were before I updated my software. It won't change the brush size no matter how hard I try, it just duplicates the current layer and moves the copy around until I release the pressure. If I do the exact same combination of keys and movements but use the right click on my mouse, I can change the brush size without issue. I've of course tried updating my Wacom driver to the latest version (I was previously using version 6.3.15-3 as it was more stable for me), but to no avail, the problem persists. The problem is also present when using Photoshop CC 2017, so I believe it is an issue with either Windows or Wacom drivers.

Here are all my relevant specs:
Tablet: Intuos 4 L, tested with driver versions 6.3.15-3 and 6.3.25-3
PS: Photoshop CC 2018 (version 19.0)

I've already asked for help on the Adobe forums, and they suggested I try my luck here as well. If neither the wacom drivers nor the Photoshop version are at fault, I'll have to wait for a new update to Windows and cross my fingers that it fixes this very specific issue.

Link to the thread on the Adobe forums if it can help: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9897500

Any help is appreciated, cheers !

DannyB

Re: Brush size shortcut in PS no longer working

Postby DannyB » Thu 19. Oct 2017, 17:25

Similar issues here. Rotation wheel not working on intuos pro after update to PS 2018. I'm on Windows 10 and everything worked like a charm before update. Hope someone has an answer, Besides the sort of solution of switching back to PS 2017, like I already did because rotation does work then.

ScepticalFIN

Postby ScepticalFIN » Sun 22. Oct 2017, 07:37

i got the brush size adjustment working, when i only use normal letters in hotkeys (or shortcuts)?

i set wacom software to use "J" for decreasing the brushsize and "K" for increasing it, then went into photoshop settings, and set the same keys for the hotkeys/shortcuts. K in not used, and J was some tool i dont need :)

try it, it worked for me.

And when i comes to issues using the pen, and any clitches to that, use this:

1. Create a text file on the desktop, no need to name it or anything, just open it.
2. Write in the text file:
# Use WinTab
UseSystemStylus 0
(you can copy paste this)
3. Click save as, and navigate to: C/:users/your user name/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CC 2018/Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 settings/ and save the file here. The appdata folder could be hidden, so enable hidden folders, from windows "folder settings"
4. Name the file "PSUserConfig.txt" (you can copypaste this, but leave out the .txt and just select the "save as type" when saving to use *.txt.

(This has fixed the rest of the issues in Photoshop CC 2018 and windows 10 using the latest wacom drivers, and fall creators update issues caused!)

ScepticalFIN

Postby ScepticalFIN » Sun 22. Oct 2017, 07:42

LoicJooris wrote:Hey there, I'm having a very specific problem, and could use some assistance.

My default software for digital painting is Photoshop, and it does have a rather useful shortcut to change the size of the brush on the fly, by holding down the Alt key, right clicking and holding then dragging left or right to adjust brush size. After updating to the latest version of Photoshop, CC 2018, as well as the newest Windows 10 update (1709), that specific shortcut is no longer functional...when using the pen buttons !

I've triple checked that both buttons on my tablet pen are set to "right click", as they were before I updated my software. It won't change the brush size no matter how hard I try, it just duplicates the current layer and moves the copy around until I release the pressure. If I do the exact same combination of keys and movements but use the right click on my mouse, I can change the brush size without issue. I've of course tried updating my Wacom driver to the latest version (I was previously using version 6.3.15-3 as it was more stable for me), but to no avail, the problem persists. The problem is also present when using Photoshop CC 2017, so I believe it is an issue with either Windows or Wacom drivers.

Here are all my relevant specs:
Tablet: Intuos 4 L, tested with driver versions 6.3.15-3 and 6.3.25-3
PS: Photoshop CC 2018 (version 19.0)

I've already asked for help on the Adobe forums, and they suggested I try my luck here as well. If neither the wacom drivers nor the Photoshop version are at fault, I'll have to wait for a new update to Windows and cross my fingers that it fixes this very specific issue.

Link to the thread on the Adobe forums if it can help: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9897500

Any help is appreciated, cheers !

i got the brush size adjustment working, when i only use normal letters in hotkeys (or shortcuts)?

i set wacom software to use "J" for decreasing the brushsize and "K" for increasing it, then went into photoshop settings, and set the same keys for the hotkeys/shortcuts. K in not used, and J was some tool i dont need :)

try it, it worked for me.

And when i comes to issues using the pen, and any clitches to that, use this:

1. Create a text file on the desktop, no need to name it or anything, just open it.
2. Write in the text file:
# Use WinTab
UseSystemStylus 0
(you can copy paste this)
3. Click save as, and navigate to: C/:users/your user name/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CC 2018/Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 settings/ and save the file here. The appdata folder could be hidden, so enable hidden folders, from windows "folder settings"
4. Name the file "PSUserConfig.txt" (you can copypaste this, but leave out the .txt and just select the "save as type" when saving to use *.txt.

(This has fixed the rest of the issues in Photoshop CC 2018 and windows 10 using the latest wacom drivers, and fall creators update issues caused!)

LoicJooris

Postby LoicJooris » Sun 22. Oct 2017, 08:37

Alright, the lovely folks over at the Adobe forums managed to find a solution, so I'm linking the video here, in case someone happens to need this in the future: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruKcvMQ ... e=youtu.be

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Fri 27. Oct 2017, 06:54

The colleges at Wacom QA have reproduced the problem, that happens in PS CC 2017 and 2018 after the recent Win10 Fall Creators update. As workaround we suggest that users assign their pen button to use Modifier… > Right Click, it’ll work just fine. (The problem happens apparently also on non-Wacom tablets, we expect it will be fixed by Microsoft.)

christophejeudy

Postby christophejeudy » Mon 6. Nov 2017, 16:52

Hey guys, I haven't managed to find a solution about this. The Alt Right Click + Drag stopped working. When I assign a modifier key it still doesn't work.
Anyone here able to help? My workflow is slowed down so much without this shortcut :(

Return to “Pen Tablets”