New drivers posted for Mac and Win, version 6.3.25. Now supporting OSX High Sierra. Windows driver 6.3.25-3 is updated to versiob 6.3.25-5 now to fix an issue with the WL Kit. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Intuos 5 not usable under W10

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
Donewith

Intuos 5 not usable under W10

Postby Donewith » Wed 25. Oct 2017, 15:05

as of 6.3.25-5 my intuos has become unusable.

it has seemingly something to do with chrome which is, due to work, always open on my third monitor.
the problem is not merely not being able to click on chrome elements, but it extends to all of my desktop and software.

at random times, none of the clicks on my desktop register anymore. cannot click on icons, programs, but in the wacom settings, the pressure is being registered and i can click on some of the buttons. in the middle of a heavy deadline, i cannot troubleshoot these things, but am writing to express my severe dissatisfaction with wacom products. more on that later.

the fix mentions i should choose some settings in chrome. absurdly, i cant even click on the option button and there is no shortcut on the pc.
i tried rolling back the drivers but my wacom was not recognised anymore.

for a professional device, and a premium price, wacom has bar none the worst software i have ever encountered in my 15+ years of creative life in audio or visual area. for a professional device - reliability is the absolute priority and your company track record is atrocious.
as a comparision, 3d connexion mouse, with far more options and settings changes them depending on which software is open, with ease. never had a glitch. intuos on the other hand has been steadily declining in driver quality with each unecessary addition like the abysmal touch function.
ironically the best generation was the one i started with - the intuos3. everything else was a mess.

i am on my 6 or 7th tablet now, having had the first generation of cintiqs, which was literally the worst piece of hardware i used. the parallax and jitter was massive, not to speak of overheating and colour discrepancy.

i like to upgrade my gear often and have the latest and the best and am in the market for both a new tablet and a screen based tablet.
i was recently looking into cintiqs again, and after this ordeal i can surely tell you:

i am done with your company. i will never again buy your products and will advocate to my colleagues to try the alternatives.

you have managed to survive only because of the de facto monopoly on the market.
with other brands as viable solutions, your company is heading for a cliff and i am sure you are aware of that.

you have caused me hours upon hours of lost productivity and frustration and i take some pleasure knowing you are heading for a disaster.

wacom1

Re: Intuos 5 not usable under W10

Postby wacom1 » Thu 26. Oct 2017, 06:25

Clicking problems with Chrome on Windows are not related to Wacom and can be reproduced with non-Wacom tablets as well. The conflict is between Chrome (from Google) and Windows Ink (from Microsoft). They do not happen, when you turn off 'usw Windows Ink'.

Donewith

Postby Donewith » Thu 26. Oct 2017, 13:20

thank you for the reply.

for the record, i have had from day one windows ink turned off, and apparently it needed to turn it off again. i am 100% sure about it because it was the only way to turn off some of the annoying behaviour. lets see if this helps. turning off hardware acceleration sure didnt.

for some reason however, the settings keep reverting to default, or atleast keep changing for some reason. and i dont even know when it happens.
any idea why is that?

can you also perhaps provide a link or something on this google/windows issue? i believe you ofcourse - it would be nice to get some more info to be able to follow it up.

also, again, just now, my intuos was not recognized by the pc, which seems to be happening more often.

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Thu 26. Oct 2017, 14:07

I recommend to use the 'backup settings' option in Wacom Desktop Center when evrything is setup and working. Then you can easily restore the settings, when they get lost for some reason. Could be a connection issue, USB power saving etc. - For the Chrome issue we had run tests with MS Surface, that showed the same issue had has no Wacom driver. Apparently that is not only our observation, see f.e. https://productforums.google.com/forum/ ... 10LuRXNEfI

Donewith

Postby Donewith » Thu 26. Oct 2017, 18:00

i appreciate the thorough reply.
i will make sure i backup my settings in the future.

please understand that it is not satisfactory to have the settings just disappear or randomly have the tablet not being recognized.
in a production situation this is infuriating (mind you there are plenty other glitches aswell such as flaky pressure recognition in photoshop and unusable navigation within 3d apps due to excessive sensitivity, but these come and go).

i have stumbled across the same posts but none of them seem that conclusive.
either way, i hope turning ink off will solve my issues.
for one - i can finally actually save images which is a good sign.

thanks

Return to “Pen Tablets”