New drivers posted for Mac and Win, version 6.3.25. Now supporting OSX High Sierra. Windows driver 6.3.25-3 is updated to versiob 6.3.25-5 now to fix an issue with the WL Kit. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Area settings always reset after PC resume

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
tempuserr

Area settings always reset after PC resume

Postby tempuserr » Wed 1. Nov 2017, 10:48

After resume PC (Win 10 x64, latest drivers) from standby my Wacom 5.1 L's preferences - especially mapping area - are almost always reset to full area.
The only solution to restore proper area settings I have found is unplug and replug tablet.
But I afraid that mini-USB socket in tablet after hundreds or thousands of replugs after each computer resume will damaged this socket and make tablet completely unusable. In fact it becomes more loosy month after month.

So question is:
1. there is a way do do some kind of full initialization tablet settings after resume?
OR
2. there is a way to reload tablet settings (by e.g PrefUtil.exe) from command line, so I can run script on system's resume event?
OR
3. Other solution to solve this annoyance?

wacom1

Re: Area settings always reset after PC resume

Postby wacom1 » Wed 1. Nov 2017, 10:54

If you saved the setting in a file, just doubleclick this file and confirm, that you want to restore settings. Running prefutils with the filename should also work.

tempuserr

Re: Area settings always reset after PC resume

Postby tempuserr » Wed 1. Nov 2017, 11:59

Launching saved *.wacomprefs file indeed works (there is only one confirmation dialog to click). Thanks.
It would be great if there will be possible any "quiet" (non-interaction) option.

But running

Code: Select all

"c:\Program Files\Tablet\Wacom\32\PrefUtil.exe" "c:\<path>\Wacom Intuos 5.1 L.wacomprefs"
didn't work - this display its normal PrefUtil's GUI with 5 buttons to backup/restore/delete/exit.

tempuserr

Re: Area settings always reset after PC resume (aka How to restore Wacom settings silently)

Postby tempuserr » Sat 11. Nov 2017, 20:34

I reverse engineered this little piece of s***.

To restore tablet's settings silently without interaction anyone should execute:

"%ProgramFiles%\Tablet\Wacom\32\PrefUtil.exe"  /restore  /silent  "<path to your .wacomprefs config file>"

There are also other command line parameters for PrefUtil:

/remove-all
/remove-all-no-restart
/backup    .wacomprefs
/restore    .wacomprefs
/silent
(?) /localized-shell-execute
/export    .wacomxs
/import    .wacomxs
/language    ...
/drivertype   ...