New drivers posted for Mac and Win, version 6.3.25. Now supporting OSX High Sierra. Windows driver 6.3.25-3 is updated to versiob 6.3.25-5 now to fix an issue with the WL Kit. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Two tablets on one Mac Pro?

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
Choreo

Two tablets on one Mac Pro?

Postby Choreo » Sun 5. Nov 2017, 08:22

Is it possible with the latest driver to run an Intuos Pro Large 2017 AND an Intuos 4 (with Intuos Mouse) at the same time?

I really miss the Intuos Mouse for many operations.

wacom1

Re: Two tablets on one Mac Pro?

Postby wacom1 » Sun 5. Nov 2017, 15:44

Latest driver supports the new Intuos Pro and the older Intuos4 tablet models, so you can use both with same driver.

Choreo

Postby Choreo » Sun 5. Nov 2017, 21:12

Thanks!

Can they both be operational at the same time - one for mouse use and one for Pen?

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Wed 8. Nov 2017, 07:53

I am not sure what you want to do: the pen wants to move the screen pointer and the mouse also wants to move the screen pointer at the same time. Then the pointer may jump around and be difficult to control. - If only one device moves, button presses on the other device should work.

Choreo

Postby Choreo » Wed 8. Nov 2017, 20:43

Well, what I "want" to do (use the deprecated Wacom Mouse with the new Intuos Pro 2017 allowing me to just use one tablet for everything), I apparently can't do. Therefore as a workaround, I was thinking maybe I could keep my old Intuos Pro 4 and use it with the mouse for most activities then remove the mouse from the Intuos 4 surface, pick up the new pen and use it on the new Wacom for pen activities (i.e. go back and forth as most of the time I do not need or prefer a stylus).

In other words, my Intuos 4 currently does EVERYTHING I need to do, but the new tablet does not have, nor will it apparently support a mouse. I cannot easily replace the Wacom mouse with a standard mouse because of the uniques multiple-monitor pen-mapping function the Wacom software driver offers (that I have been using for many many years). I use 3 monitors for the past 20 years and being able to use the Wacom mouse to instantly move everything between those monitors without multiple drags is at the core of my productivity (and always amazes clients when they come by).

I can understand why the new Touch function would maybe interfere with an Intuos mouse if placed on the surface at the same time, but I don't see why the new Wacom Pro cannot support the mouse when the Touch switch is turned off? Seems like that would just turn the tablet back into an Intuos 4 - just maybe with higher resolution/accuracy?

Choreo

Postby Choreo » Thu 9. Nov 2017, 17:59

FYI - I went ahead and purchased a 2017 Intuos Pro Large and set it up yesterday right in front of my main screen. To the right of it, I kept my Intuos 4 Large connected. Using the latest Wacom Driver, it recognized both tablets and let me configure both separately (as I was hoping). I am only using the Wacom on the right for "mouse" activities. The only thing I have to do is completely remove the mouse from the Intros 4 surface before I pick up the pen and start working on the new main tablet - if I do not remove the mouse before using the pen on the other tablet, the cursor vibrates since it is getting two conflicting position signals. Removing the mouse is not a big deal, but it sure would be nice if the new tablet just would recognize the Intuos Mouse (even if it required turning off touch mode) - that would free up a ton of desk space, enable me to sell my old Intuos to help offset the cost of the new tablet and help several people I have seen posting on the Internet that they won't but a new Intuos if it will not work with a mouse as well.

Return to “Pen Tablets”