New drivers posted for Mac and Win, version 6.3.25. Now supporting OSX High Sierra. Windows driver 6.3.25-3 is updated to versiob 6.3.25-5 now to fix an issue with the WL Kit. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Latest drivers zoom bug in Photoshop

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
barrycraig

Latest drivers zoom bug in Photoshop

Postby barrycraig » Tue 7. Nov 2017, 10:47

Latest Wacom drivers, Intuos Pro, Mac OS Sierra.

When using scrubby zoom in photoshop the tablet continues to register the click after the zoom is complete. This means if you zoom in quickly then move the pen it can zoom you out to another level. This is infuriating. Every single release of drivers fixes nothing and adds a whole list of new problems.

wacom1

Re: Latest drivers zoom bug in Photoshop

Postby wacom1 » Tue 7. Nov 2017, 11:57

You can use different methods for zooming. With the latest driver zooming with touch gesture in Photoshop is too fast. Use the 6.3.24 driver in this case.

barrycraig

Postby barrycraig » Tue 7. Nov 2017, 14:50

wacom1 wrote:You can use different methods for zooming.

I dont want to use a different method. I want to use the method which has been working perfectly fine in Photoshop since it was introduced until your new drivers broke it.

The last driver I can find which doesnt have this problem is 6.3.19-10

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Tue 7. Nov 2017, 19:11

As stated zooming with the pinch touch gesture has a known problem with the latest driver. We do not see this with any previous driver versions. - Are you zooming with touchring ? Earlier drivers were of course not tested with HighSierra and might not work at all.

barrycraig

Postby barrycraig » Wed 22. Nov 2017, 15:46

No I am not using the pinch touch gesture, here is my workflow which was working fine until the latest drivers:

1. First button (closest to the nib) on the wacom pen is set to "pan/scroll"
2. When in photoshop holding down the first button and dragging the pen over the tablet would activate "Scrubby Zoom" in photoshop making it very quick to zoom in and out of the image.
3. With the latest drivers the pen continues to zoom the image even when the pen is lifted off the tablet. This means I will zoom into the correct area of the image, then release the click/lift the pen and rather than the image staying where it is on the screen, it randomly jumps and either zooms further in or further out.

Return to “Pen Tablets”