New drivers posted for Mac and Win, version 6.3.25. Now supporting OSX High Sierra. Windows driver 6.3.25-3 is updated to versiob 6.3.25-5 now to fix an issue with the WL Kit. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Zbrush 4R8 P2 Pressure Sensitivity Bug. It loses Pressure fidelity.

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
dwindleflip

Zbrush 4R8 P2 Pressure Sensitivity Bug. It loses Pressure fidelity.

Postby dwindleflip » Fri 10. Nov 2017, 11:22

There is an odd bug with Zbrush 4R8 P2 and Wacom Intuos Pro Drivers where the intensity of the pressure sensitivity decreases significantly. You can test this by taking a dynamesh_sphere_128 project and sculpt on the sphere. Mask parts of the sphere. Notice how dark the mask is. Now continue to sculpt and after a short period of time, the pressure fedelity will drop, meaning your brush strokes and mask intensity will be significantly lower compared to when you first loaded up the project and tried to mask and sculpt.

I tried the latest drivers and the previous driver. This bug exists in both.

Note, this problem with Pressure sensitivity does not happen in photoshop. After extensive testing I could not find any pressure sensitivity issues in photoshop. Zbrush however will lose its range of sensitivity after a very short period of time sculpting.

wacom1

Re: Zbrush 4R8 P2 Pressure Sensitivity Bug. It loses Pressure fidelity.

Postby wacom1 » Fri 10. Nov 2017, 13:17

Does it work again when you restart ZBrush ? That would point to a problem in ZBrush (and should be reported to Pixologic).

dwindleflip

Postby dwindleflip » Fri 10. Nov 2017, 19:29

Here is a video of the bug. https://streamable.com/dolln

In this video you can see that if you repetitively draw a mask and undo, the bug will trigger. You will notice that the mask becomes lower in intensity and the brush size smaller, despite not having changed the brush size or intensity values of the brush.

Yes it works again when you restart Zbrush but only for a very short time. I've made a video that shows the issue. You can see exactly when the pressure range changes. The effect is as if you suddenly switched the wacom driver's pressure sensitivity slider to hard. A work around is to set the wacom driver to a softer setting for Zbrush, so that when Zbrush bugs out, the pressure curve is more normal (although its not quite normal).

I dont know if its wacom or Zbrush's bug but I do not remember having this issue with my intuos 3 large a few days ago. I have it with the intuos Pro 2017 large though.
Last edited by dwindleflip on Sun 12. Nov 2017, 23:25, edited 1 time in total.

dwindleflip

Postby dwindleflip » Sat 11. Nov 2017, 12:22

This is on a Windows 10 machine btw.

I just did a test to confirm that the intuos 3 does NOT have this issue with zbrush. It appears to be only related to my intuos Pro 2017 model and Zbrush.

I have a recorded video of the both tablets performing this test, and it has something to do with "undo" after drawing a stroke. At some point, when you undo, pressure sensitivity becomes "half" of the full range (for the lack of a better explanation). So brush size suddenly does not reach full size in relation to pen pressure, and intensity is also halved.

I think this is a driver bug not a zbrush bug because it happens only on the intuos pro and not the intuos 3. Please look into this to confirm these findings yourself because it makes my new Intuos Pro 2017 model virtually useless in Zbrush.

I've tried the latest intuos pro driver, the previous, and version 6.3.23-1. They all have this problem. Intuos 3 does not. I cant seem to cause a similar behavior in photoshop. So it does not seem like its a hardware issue.

It does not happen in Mudbox either.

Return to “Pen Tablets”