New drivers posted for Mac and Win, version 6.3.25. Now supporting OSX High Sierra. Windows driver 6.3.25-3 is updated to versiob 6.3.25-5 now to fix an issue with the WL Kit. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Drag events are no longer sent to macOS starting recent driver update

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
segevs

Drag events are no longer sent to macOS starting recent driver update

Postby segevs » Wed 15. Nov 2017, 09:01

Hey there,

We've been getting a lot of feedback from users that use our app (Smooze - A Mouse enhancement app) with a Wacom lately.
It seems that some of our functionally that are depended on dragging stopped working with Wacom.

After an investigation it seems that one of the recent driver updates changed the way the driver works and drag events are no longer sent to the OS.

I can see that the events:

kCGEventRightMouseDown
kCGEventOtherMouseDown

kCGEventOtherMouseUp
kCGEventRightMouseUp

Are registered fine but drag events such as:

kCGEventRightMouseDragged
kCGEventOtherMouseDragged

Are never registered.

Is this intentional or is that a bug in the drivers?

If this is too low level for this forum, is there a better way to get in touch with the Wacom macOS Driver development team?

Thanks

wacom1

Re: Drag events are no longer sent to macOS starting recent driver update

Postby wacom1 » Wed 15. Nov 2017, 09:15

Tablet driver versions til 6.3.15 where still using old calls that were deprecated by Apple well before 6.3.15. For driver 6.3.16 developers decided to remove the old calls and move to Apple’s new event code. Since this is a rather complicated subject we advice to carefully read Apple’s CGEvent documentation on the Apple developer pages. - If you update your code, it should work fine with newer drivers.

segevs

Postby segevs » Wed 15. Nov 2017, 09:31

Thanks for the quick reply.

Checking the Apple documentation, kCGEventRightMouseDragged for example, this wasn't deprecated which is part of CGEventType that was also not deprecated.

I'm not familiar with any other drag events that are used with CGEvent.

Any chance you can refer me to the new API that is used? (or any specific name of a method \ enum which can lead me to the right direction)

Thanks

segevs

Postby segevs » Mon 20. Nov 2017, 12:35

Hey,

Any updates on this?

segevs

Postby segevs » Tue 21. Nov 2017, 20:40

I did some more research against an actual Wacom and pin pointed the problem. It appears that on Right button click (top pen button) the Wacom drivers are posting the right events but when starting to drag the pen with the type kCGEventRightMouseDragged the kCGMouseEventButtonNumber of the event is 0 which is Left mouse button.
The kCGMouseEventButtonNumber in that case should be 1.

To sum up here's what Wacom drivers are posting on top pen button click & drag & release:

Code: Select all

type:kCGEventRightMouseDown            kCGMouseEventButtonNumber:1
type:kCGEventRightMouseDragged         kCGMouseEventButtonNumber:0 // <--- wrong
type:kCGEventRightMouseUp              kCGMouseEventButtonNumber:1

Edit:

Another major issue with the current drivers (MacOSX - Driver 6.3.25-2) is that kCGEventOtherMouseDragged will never be posted by these drivers.
Setting the top pen button to Middle Click or 4 \ 5 button will only trigger kCGEventOtherMouseDown and kCGEventOtherMouseUp events but never kCGEventOtherMouseDragged.

wacom1 - I have no idea if this will reach the developers and currently working around this but it would be nice to see this fixed.

Thanks.
Last edited by segevs on Tue 28. Nov 2017, 10:43, edited 1 time in total.

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Tue 28. Nov 2017, 10:20

Thanks for the details. Passed that the developers and they are looking into it and planning updates to the event handling in the driver. However, they say that right click drag doesn’t work on the desktop even with an Apple mouse. Nevertheless we have to make sure that the driver matches what’s expected by other software.

segevs

Postby segevs » Tue 28. Nov 2017, 10:42

Thanks for the reply.

Regarding the right click drag on the desktop, from my investigation it seems to work as it should and passes the right events with a regular mouse or a magic mouse (that is configured to use a right click in the mouse settings)

If we'll track all Mouse events with

Code: Select all

CGEventTapCreate(kCGSessionEventTap, kCGHeadInsertEventTap, 0,
                                      kCGEventMaskForAllEvents, cgMouseEventCallback, NULL);

I can see that right_down, right_drag and right_up are registered on the desktop.

However Apple Sierra decides to show the contextual menu on drag_down and ignores right_drag (which is fine) but in the background these drag events are still registering.

Return to “Pen Tablets”