New drivers posted for Mac and Win, version 6.3.25. Now supporting OSX High Sierra. Windows driver 6.3.25-3 is updated to versiob 6.3.25-5 now to fix an issue with the WL Kit. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Memory Leak in Wacom_TouchUser.exe

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
Clienad

Memory Leak in Wacom_TouchUser.exe

Postby Clienad » Thu 16. Nov 2017, 02:50

Since testing a cintiq pro16 my intuos 5 touch has had major issues with Wacom_TouchUser.exe gobbling up system memory causing a lock down once it has eaten all of my 64GB of ram. Once you notice that it is about to reach all memory it is often too late to open the taskmanager and kill the process. So you have to hard reset.

I have no idea how to catch it before it does this as I can't keep my eye on the process all day. Some days it doesn't do it at all some days boom out of memory just after lunch.

I have tried uninstalling and re installing with latest drivers. I have been given a new Intuos 5 touch to replace my last one just in case it was sending bad data. Right now I would be satisfied with just stopping this process from starting in the first place to give me some piece of mind that I am not about to lose all of my days work because I have to hard reset.

Thank you for any help you can be with this problem.

wacom1

Re: Memory Leak in Wacom_TouchUser.exe

Postby wacom1 » Thu 16. Nov 2017, 08:18

We cannot reproduce a memory leak problem with the tablet driver so far. - If that happens after attaching a Cintiq Pro 16 once, the driver should forget any related information when you 'reset settings' once from the Wacom Desktop Center under 'backup settings'. -

I would also test if it helps or make a difference at least to a) turn off touch input, b) use the 'restore settings' option, which should restart the driver with previously backed-up settings.

Another option (if you are not using the Cintiq Pro anymore) would be reverting to an older driver version.

Clienad

Re: Memory Leak in Wacom_TouchUser.exe

Postby Clienad » Thu 16. Nov 2017, 10:13

Thankyou for your prompt reply.

I have disabled touch I think. I can attach an image if you can tell me how to upload one. or a dump of the settings if that is possible.

I have set the priority of the Wacom_TouchUser.exe Process to low from above normal so that I can terminate it if it causes a problem. As I am afraid I have no idea what causes the problem I can give no real reproduction steps. but any more information I can give I will pass to you should My testing fail/ come up with a clue.

As for the driver is there a link to previous versions somewhere I have followed the above link in the pink box however can only find the latest driver.

Thank you again.

Return to “Pen Tablets”