New drivers posted for Mac and Win, version 6.3.25. Now supporting OSX High Sierra. Windows driver 6.3.25-3 is updated to versiob 6.3.25-5 now to fix an issue with the WL Kit. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Intuos 4 pen faulty - Possible fix or replace?

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
jord81

Intuos 4 pen faulty - Possible fix or replace?

Postby jord81 » Fri 17. Nov 2017, 09:50

Currently having issues with my Intuos 4 pen where the pressure sensitivity and tip is extremely temperamental. I thought it was related to recent driver updates however I've identified it's the pen being the cause of the problem as a friends pen works fine on my tablet with no issues. First thought is to replace, however it sometimes works fine then flips to being faulty again suggesting it could be a software, not hardware issue.

The issues are most visable when using brushes in PS. I've shown examples below.

Pen A (broken)

Pen B (working fine)

The faulty pen seems to loose its pressure sensitivity and dips between 0 pressure and full/ current weight pressure. Also, when using it throughout other applications it registers double clicks or releasing of pressure (when click and dragging).

Has anyone else had similar experience or knows if there is a fix?

wacom1

Re: Intuos 4 pen faulty - Possible fix or replace?

Postby wacom1 » Fri 17. Nov 2017, 10:00

I would first test pen pressure in the driver diagnostics (tablet properties -> About/Info -> diagnose). Test pentip and eraser. Check if the pen tilt direction has an influence. (There could be a loose contact depending on tilt). If you can verify that the problem is in pentip, the pen should be replaced. (The problem would be covered by warranty, if the pen is still in the warranty period).

jord81

Re: Intuos 4 pen faulty - Possible fix or replace?

Postby jord81 » Fri 17. Nov 2017, 11:03

Thanks for the prompt reply. I'm a novice to running diagnostics, so not really sure what I'm looking for? If I apply pressure to the faulty pen and hold at different angles they all appear to be registering however the main difference between the faulty and working pen is that the faulty pen only registers a max pressure of 30% and has both "1, 2" in the switches field. Screenshots from both pens.

Diagnostics:
Pen A (broken)

Pen B (working fine)

Return to “Pen Tablets”