New drivers posted for Mac and Win, version 6.3.25. Now supporting OSX High Sierra. Windows driver 6.3.25-3 is updated to versiob 6.3.25-5 now to fix an issue with the WL Kit. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Wacom CTH-470 issues, help?

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
Tenkira

Wacom CTH-470 issues, help?

Postby Tenkira » Mon 4. Dec 2017, 05:58

So I have a Wacom bamboo tablet, decided to try using it recently and it didn't work. touching with my finger works but when i use the stylus nothing happens. and it clearly knows my tablet is connected
But the wacom desktop center says nothing is connected..
Here's some more images for reference:
And then when i click on what my mouse is hovering over, this message appears:

Also I tried downloading bamboo dock manually but it gives me this message every time i try Image
I honestly don't know where I'm going wrong, I tried downloading the wacom CTH-470 drivers with windows 8 compatability, and i couldn't find the device in device manager but if I need to provide more pics for help I will do so

wacom1

Re: Wacom CTH-470 issues, help?

Postby wacom1 » Mon 4. Dec 2017, 07:45

First unplug and replug the USB cable, then go to Wacom Desktop Center -> backup settings -> reset settings. That should find the tablet. - Otherwise check if device manager shows a problem (under HID or mice and devices).

Tenkira

Postby Tenkira » Tue 5. Dec 2017, 03:37

wacom1 wrote:First unplug and replug the USB cable, then go to Wacom Desktop Center -> backup settings -> reset settings. That should find the tablet. - Otherwise check if device manager shows a problem (under HID or mice and devices).

So I did what you first suggested, and it still didn't work. Also under device manager i didn't see anything not working as far as i can tell...
for reference.
also, any suggestions to my bamboo dock not installing?

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Tue 5. Dec 2017, 09:27

Sorry I missed that your tablet is a Bamboo and needs another driver. Latest Bamboo driver is 5.3.5-3 from http://cdn.wacom.com/u/productsupport/d ... .3.5-3.exe

That driver doesn't include the Wacom desktop center. - So first unplug the tablet, go to Windows control panel for 'software and features', uninstall the entries for 'Wacom', 'tablet', 'pen tablet', if present. Then restart Windows, attach the tablet and install the driver. -

Bamboo Dock is discontinued and was taken offline since April 2016.

AnOldFart

Postby AnOldFart » Fri 15. Dec 2017, 22:06

I bought a CTH670 only a couple of years ago and I am disgusted that although Windows has gone through multiple revision the Driver we have is still nearly as old as me, slight exaggeration as I think it was for early Win8.
The are a variety of right click problems which started in the Win10 Start Menu and needed us to disable Windows Ink.
EDGE now has right click problems, it does not work for some functions and I need to use a different device. Right click in on a Favourites entry for example
The driver stops working and I lose Touch and Wacom Preferences will not open with error message. Restarting a entry in SERVICES used to work but that entry seems to have disappeared in a recent Windows Update, so a full restart is now needed to get functionality back.
WHEN I QUIRED A PROBLEM SOME TIME AGO WITH WACOM, I WAS TOLD MY PRODUCT WAS OBSOLETE and no longer supported for Windows 10 (when on phone support I think). Many posts for EMEA SUPPORT with additional information have been ignored.

IT IS ABOUT TIME WACOM PUT SOME EFFORT INTO A NEW DRIVER FOR ALL OF US THAT PAID FOR AN EXPENSIVE ITEM, lots of us are not users in a business so no deprecation on tools etc pre profits and so the price we pay is real for us. If no new driver is forthcoming by the time the problems get to the point I need a new tablet it will not be a Wacom Tablet I purchase!

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Sat 16. Dec 2017, 17:16

The 5.3.5 driver works still quite well with Windows 10. - If you have problems with Windows Ink after the recent Fall Creators Update, report that to Microsoft. We see the same Windows Ink (rghtclick, scroll etc) problems on computers with competitor hardware and no Wacom driver. Changing the Wacom driver will not make any difference on how Windows Ink functions have been changed by Microsoft. - We can only advice to turn Windows Ink off and request Microsoft to change the Windows Ink functions back or allow switching between the previous Windows Ink functionality and the new behaviour.

Return to “Pen Tablets”