Hurricane Florence Alert:
A rather large hurricane is set to hit the East Coast of the United States at the end of this week. Because of its size and threat to life & property there have already been significant evacuations in the areas expected to be hit worst. Hopefully things do not turn out as bad, but we will probably see shipping delays to and from that area (our North America distribution center is in Memphis, TN, close to the area).
If you are in the US region and you order something during this period, please see check https://www.ups.com/us/en/service-alerts.page?id=alert1 for possible alerts.

Wacom Drivers:
June 2018: New drivers released version 6.3.30-6 for Win and 6.3.30-2 for Mac, with various bugfixes. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Google Chrome - Clicking issues:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Registration
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?:https://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guideTitle=How-do-I-register-my-Wacom-device%2525253F&guideId=4244ade8-634a-433c-88b4-31d83e63226c

Wacom Setup Wizard opens every time I turn on my tablet

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
hx1234

Re: Wacom Setup Wizard opens every time I turn on my tablet

Postby hx1234 » Tue 23. Jan 2018, 04:42

Hi,

The Setup Wizard is independant of the Wacom Desktop Center and started automatically evrytime when a new tablet is plugged in and even without tablet driver installed - as far as I know that is done by some part of tablet firmware.

This isn't how peripheral hardware should work. Are you suggesting the tablet can execute code on the host machine without having drivers installed? That sounds pretty un-kosher to me.

If another tablet is attached, it does not fit to the installed information

Are you suggesting this behaviour is normal? The software seems to be designed to accommodate multiple devices, so this would surprise me.

try to attach both tablets together once and go through the process.

I can't do that, since they live in different towns, and I travel by motorbike. Furthermore I don't think that's a reasonable debugging measure to be undertaken by an end-user.

Can you please suggest to your developers that they reproduce this problem by alternating devices as I do, so that a fix can be released.

Thank you!

hx1234

Postby hx1234 » Wed 7. Feb 2018, 00:47

Bueller?

hx1234

Postby hx1234 » Tue 13. Feb 2018, 06:38

I note the moderator has not replied in over three weeks.

Will this issue be addressed, or is this an acceptable problem in your view?

supedad

Postby supedad » Tue 6. Mar 2018, 12:57

I have this same problem with a classroom of 25 iMacs running Sierra. It does not effect every Mac in the classroom, but is very annoying.

So far I have removed the driver per Epson instructions and reinstalled the latest version, v6.3.28-2, and also replicated the same behavior in a test user account.

If I run the set up wizard and make sure "AutoStart" is disabled under Wacom Desktop Center>AutoStart, when the affected Macs are restarted the Wacom Desktop Center opens up along with the Setup Wizard again. On some Macs, it is only the Wacom Desktop Center that starts up. I need to get this resolved.

Yesterday I contact Epson and they say the case has been escalated and someone will contact me today. I will report back when I have a solution or update.

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Tue 6. Mar 2018, 13:10

We have not been able to reproduce the issue, it is possible, that some third party software interferes. If the Autostart setting for Wacom Desktop Center has no effect and WDC ist still starting, rename the program in the 'Wacom Tablet' applications folder.

supedad

Postby supedad » Thu 8. Mar 2018, 12:47

Wacom Tier 2 support never contacted me the next day like they said they would to investigate my issue. However, I was able to remedy the issue by performing a work-around that I saw in another post. I renamed the Wacom Desktop Center app to something else. For me, I renamed it to Wacom Desktop Center App. Now the Wacom Desktop Center app does not open every time that the Mac restarts.

This isn't an acceptable solution, but it's all I have until I call back in and ask Wacom to help me AGAIN.

hx1234

Postby hx1234 » Thu 8. Mar 2018, 23:31

supedad wrote:I was able to remedy the issue by performing a work-around

Likewise.

supedad wrote:This isn't an acceptable solution

Agreed.

JohnnyTwoThumbs

Postby JohnnyTwoThumbs » Tue 13. Mar 2018, 22:50

Im having the same issue.

Every time I start up my Mac, Wacom Desktop Center and the setup wizard open themselves.

AutoStart is OFF in the Wacom Desktop Centre menu
I have completed the setup wizard at least half a dozen times

Mac OS 10.12.6
Wacom Intuos Pro L
Driver 6.3.28-2

I'm only using one tablet on this Mac, and I'm only using this tablet on one Mac
(I was previously using an Intuous 3, but I uninstalled the drivers and restated the Mac before installing the Intuous Pro L)

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Wed 14. Mar 2018, 07:18

Since we cannot reproduce this problem, we need more information: Perhaps it is related to some other software on the Mac (Epson ?), perhaps it is a permission issue. Can you try to create a new admin user and install and use the tablet as this user ? Can you send a system overview to our support ?

If the Wacom Desktop Center Autostarts when it shouldn't, rename the application to something else.

JohnnyTwoThumbs

Postby JohnnyTwoThumbs » Mon 19. Mar 2018, 04:36

Wacom driver updated to 6.3.29-6 and now the issue has gone away

Return to “Pen Tablets”