Wacom Drivers
NEW drivers 6.3.27-2 posted for Mac and Win with many fixes. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Registration
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?:https://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guideTitle=How-do-I-register-my-Wacom-device%2525253F&guideId=4244ade8-634a-433c-88b4-31d83e63226c

Wacom Setup Wizard opens every time I turn on my tablet

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
Rasket

Wacom Setup Wizard opens every time I turn on my tablet

Postby Rasket » Thu 7. Dec 2017, 10:37

I have a brand new Intuos Pro M for my Mac Pro. Every time I turn on the tablet to use it, Wacom Desktop Center opens as well as the Wacom Setup Wizard. It's really frustrating. If I complete the setup, it wipes all my preferences to default. It also means it will get in the way of any program I am using.

I constantly switch between mouse and tablet through out my working day as a Designer, so my tablet is always going to sleep, meaning this windows open 20+ times a days and 20+ times a day I have to go close both of them and tab back to my program.

Can you please tell me how to turn off this program from running every time.

wacom1

Re: Wacom Setup Wizard opens every time I turn on my tablet

Postby wacom1 » Thu 7. Dec 2017, 10:49

You can turn off Autostart for WDC in the WDC file menu. And once you have gone through the Setup Wizard it will not open again - unless you overwrite the setting with older settings that don't have the recorrd that you have passed the Wizard. - If you did it once and work with the new settings, we cannot see the SetupWizard showing up again. If it still does, contact Wacom support. We will need to check a system overview, backup of the settings etc to be able to reproduce that.

Rasket

Postby Rasket » Fri 15. Dec 2017, 11:00

You can turn off Autostart for WDC in the WDC file menu.

Can you show me exactly where? There is only one button I can see, it's not in the File menu on OSX, it's here and it's off: https://i.imgur.com/WYMzIYo.png. But it still opens.

And once you have gone through the Setup Wizard it will not open again - unless you overwrite the setting with older settings that don't have the recorrd that you have passed the Wizard. - If you did it once and work with the new settings, we cannot see the SetupWizard showing up again. If it still does, contact Wacom support. We will need to check a system overview, backup of the settings etc to be able to reproduce that.

Like I said in my original post, if I do the setup wizard, it wipes all my preference, like for what function keys do what. Then, the next day, it will run again when I first turn my tablet on. And if I do the Wizard again, all my function keys get set to default.

daaron

Postby daaron » Tue 19. Dec 2017, 18:02

I'm having the same issue. I have Autostart disabled in WDC, but every time I plug in my Mac (High Sierra), WDC opens up and the setup wizard starts.

This may be related: I have two tablets: an Intuos Pro M at home and an older Intuos Pro at work. This only happens when I plug in at home.

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Wed 20. Dec 2017, 09:41

Make sure to install the new 6.3.27-2 driver. That should fix the problem.

bourbonsquid

Postby bourbonsquid » Fri 5. Jan 2018, 22:56

The 6.3.27-2 drivers do not fix the problem. The setup wizard still opens every single time even with Autostart "disabled".

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Sat 6. Jan 2018, 09:02

Autostart is a setting for the Wacom Desktop Center, the Setup Wizard is started when a new tablet is detected or when you have not finished the setup. If you gone through setup once and have a WacomID created, it should not come up again. - Otherwise unplug the tablet, uninstall the driver, restart OSX, attach the tablet and follow the installation steps.

babygiant

Postby babygiant » Wed 10. Jan 2018, 01:17

I have done the steps and done a manual file-by-file un-install and re-install- and STILL the wizard and Wacom Desktop auto-start even though the autostart is not set to "on." I was told by a Wacom tech that this is a permissions issue but that permissions can't be repaired in Sierra, so he suggested I create a new user, test it there, and drag all my files to the new user. Of course I tried the new user AND IT STILL LAUNCHES. You guys are hilarious.

Return to “Pen Tablets”