Wacom Drivers
NEW drivers 6.3.27-2 posted for Mac and Win with many fixes. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Registration
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?:https://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guideTitle=How-do-I-register-my-Wacom-device%2525253F&guideId=4244ade8-634a-433c-88b4-31d83e63226c

Strange right click and middle click behaviour in Houdini

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
benekski

Strange right click and middle click behaviour in Houdini

Postby benekski » Sat 16. Dec 2017, 20:57

Just got the latest Intuos Large and new 3D pen, but I seem to be getting some non functional right click and middle click behaviour on this 3D pen and the standard pen… and for good measure I've also tried my old my old Intuos Touch with standard grip pen and classic pen and it's the same, so I imagine this is a driver issue as the Intuos Touch was fine before updating my drivers to accomodate the new Intuos

Right click and middle click control navigation… if I set right click to be the topmost side button, it doesn't navigate but just brings up the context menu. If I switch it around and set right click to be the lower side button it works fine. This is the now the same on all my pens. I'm trying to set the lower side button to middle click and the upper button to right click, but it's just not working.

Worth mentioning that it seems to work OK in Cinema 4D, so this might for some reason be application specific, and I imagine it won't affect many people. However, all I can say is that the combination Middle Click lower button Right Click upper button isn't working, so if you're thinking about purchasing an Intuos Large and 3D pen (just for the sake of having three buttons) like I've just done, hold off for the time being.

wacom1

Re: Strange right click and middle click behaviour in Houdini

Postby wacom1 » Sun 17. Dec 2017, 06:14

If you are using Win10 with the Fall Creators Update make sure to turn off 'use Windows Ink' for Houdini, as that can effect click behaviour.

benekski

Postby benekski » Sun 17. Dec 2017, 08:53

I'm using Sierra 10.12.6

The behaviour is erratic, I've had it work properly for about 10 or 20 seconds, then for some unknown reason the Right or Middle clicks stop functioning.

benekski

Postby benekski » Sun 17. Dec 2017, 17:13

Just an update to this…

I installed a previous driver version 6.3.24-1 and the Middle Click / Right Click issue is fixed, there's no problem at all, so my diagnosis is that this is a driver issue… Unfortunately it means I can't use the new 3D pen I just purchased, but I'd rather that than not be able to work at all. All in all I should've just stuck with my Intuos Touch for the time being (which would've also saved me over 500 quid)

Edit: spoke too soon, still seems to be something strange going on with Middle Click … when you hold down middle click to bring up a numbers slider the slider seems to dance around and follow your cursor rather than allowing you to increase/decrease numeric values.

benekski

Postby benekski » Wed 20. Dec 2017, 22:09

… still not working properly with the latest driver update I'm afraid.

benekski

Postby benekski » Thu 28. Dec 2017, 12:24

just to give some more info on the problem I'm having with Right Click and Middle Click on the side button…

Even though I hold the side button pressed to perform a Right or Middle click (either the top or bottom button) the action I'm getting is as though I've released the button. In the apps I use, there are actions which require you to HOLD either the Right or Middle click whilst moving the cursor. I'm currently no longer able to perform these actions using the buttons on the stylus… The behaviour can vary depending on which mouse Click I set to which button.

deltahotel

Postby deltahotel » Thu 28. Dec 2017, 14:56

Hi,
not a mac person.. but I understand sops, vops, dops,.. :)

I had a bit issues with the middle-click sliders as well (not technical issues..), so I switched from 'Hover Click' to "Click & Tap" mode to trigger button events..which gives me better control over the values and less number-randomness..maybe worth a try.

..but I also noticed in H16.5 to lose button events.. or as if it didn't recognize middle/right clicks properly.. which seems to be a more app-specific issue...

Return to “Pen Tablets”