New user account
If you have trouble to create a new user account and do not receive a confirmation Email, please contact our customer support https://www.wacom.com/en-gb/support and we will manually approve your account.
Please send an Email in which you tell us that you agree our Wacom privacy policy. Thank you for your understanding.

Wacom Drivers
June 2018: New drivers released version 6.3.30-6 for Win and 6.3.30-2 for Mac, with various bugfixes. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Registration
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?:https://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guideTitle=How-do-I-register-my-Wacom-device%2525253F&guideId=4244ade8-634a-433c-88b4-31d83e63226c

Returned my Intuos, and got a new: Same problem. Now with video.

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
Livse7777

Returned my Intuos, and got a new: Same problem. Now with video.

Postby Livse7777 » Mon 18. Dec 2017, 18:07

Hi all,

Today I returned my Intuos after talking with Wacom support - they said my troubles was due to a hardware problem.

But my new Intuos is acting the exact same way. I don't know if I am just crazy unlucky, or if this is just how these works? Maybe I have too high hopes for precision? So, I recorded my screen while using the Wacom, please see clip here: https://youtu.be/Ublg9B9bQuY

I have two issues:

1) The curser will lag. It stops for just a second, and then jumps to where I have moved the pen. I have not recorded this; I will and add a link.

2) The pen does not stop drawing when I lift it from the tablet or stop the movement, while still touching the Wacom.

In the video, for the 2 top lines, I lift the pen when reaching the vertical line. For the bottom ones i stop the pen at the vertical line, but keep it at the Wacom.

I use an Imac, High Sierra 10.13.1. Corel Painter Essential 5. Paper 1600x900 pixels (150 pixels/ inch), fine point pen.

Can anyone who has the Wacom Intuos (art? Or is this just the software bundle?) kindly give me feedback as if this is normal and to be expected? I find it very hard to draw with both the lagging and the lines not stopping. If this is a problem with my Wacom, I will replace it again. I am not sure what to do if this is just how they are - probable get a refund as I cannot use it.

Thanks in advance!

Livse7777

Re: Returned my Intuos, and got a new: Same problem. Now with video.

Postby Livse7777 » Tue 19. Dec 2017, 08:57

Just want to post an update:

In my search for a solution I tried to download the trial version af Painter 2018. I had essentials 5 and Painter opened side by side. When painting in Essentials, the pen drags, jumps around ans doesn't stop drawing when I lift/ stop. In Painter - no problem at all! It feels just like drawing on paper with a regular pen! Thats just crazy, isn't it? I have the free trial version of Painter for a month, as it is very expensive I would like any feedback as how to solve this :) I would much prefer to use essentials, as I don't need the full version :)

Livse7777

Postby Livse7777 » Tue 19. Dec 2017, 09:02

Another strange thing: I can use my mouse in essentials with no problem, no jumping or lines that keeps going. It is only the pen that does this.

darius

Postby darius » Thu 21. Dec 2017, 01:14

Hi! Are you using it with usb cable or wireless? My Intuos Pro is lagging when using on bluetooth, its working fine with cable attached. Have you tried other software? Photoshop or Pixelmator (has 30 days trial version)? And make sure you update wacom drivers!

Livse7777

Postby Livse7777 » Thu 21. Dec 2017, 18:25

I use it with USB cable :) I think I will end up buying painter - then Wacom works great with that program. It doesn't work with essentials, jumps and lags - and it came bundled with Essentials, that is just not OK.

kokoshka

Postby kokoshka » Mon 15. Jan 2018, 11:22

I've used PS, Wacom and Mac OS for many, many years. The current set up, my Wacom Intuos 4, running 6.3.25-2, High Sierra and PS CC 2018, has proved impossible! Often, at the start of a work day, or following a reboot, my stylus draws away quite happily, precise and accurate. Then, after a few minutes, there is evidence of lag, aspects of my drawing appear a second or two late, the move tool keeps moving long after I've finished the command. I have spent hours, truly, discussing this with Apple, Adobe and Wacom. All helpful in their way , but no solution. Apple have suggested that there is a catch up going on between PS and Apple, Wacom agree, and say they are trying to fix this. But it could be some time, and meanwhile, try this, and this. Nothing works, I'm learning more about the workings of my Mac than I ever wanted to know. I'm a digital artist, not a computer technician, and really resent having to struggle so hard on a daily basis, to use the basic tools of my trade.
I would ask: should I be trying a new tablet? Mine is quite old, connected via usb 2, but does work for up to half an hour at a time. The lag isn't evident when using a mouse, or the trackpad, but does manifest outside of PS. I would greatly appreciate feedback, as I'm struggling mightily with a deadline. I'm so despondent with all this, that I'm determined to return to traditional image making, pencils and paint, once my current work is done.

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Tue 16. Jan 2018, 08:44

For Painter Essentials 5 make sure to turn off 'brush ghost' in the PE5 preferences. Then it should work fine.
For the Intuos4 problem I would see, if restarting the Mac or driver at least helps for some time: if so it looks like software problem.
Also unplug and replug the USB cable: if that helps for a while, it could be tablet hardware issue.

VonDieerde

Postby VonDieerde » Thu 18. Jan 2018, 07:03

My own issues with the windows update and my Intuos has led me to look into other programs that use the Windows Ink functionality in a different way than the ones I normally use.
I've had the cursor lag in Sai 2.0 demo edition as well as in Krita. The only program i've used without this lag is Drawpile, but drawpile is really only good for sketching and painting. If anyone has any input on this, I'd be really grateful.

Return to “Pen Tablets”