Wacom Drivers
NEW drivers 6.3.27-2 posted for Mac and Win with many fixes. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Registration
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?:https://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guideTitle=How-do-I-register-my-Wacom-device%2525253F&guideId=4244ade8-634a-433c-88b4-31d83e63226c

Intuos PT Medium issues (Windows 10 Fall Creator's Update)

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
VonDieerde

Intuos PT Medium issues (Windows 10 Fall Creator's Update)

Postby VonDieerde » Mon 8. Jan 2018, 02:52

Hi, I'm currently having some really frustrating issues with my Intuos PT Medium that I can't seem to find any solution for.
These issues seem to be stemming from the Windows 10 Fall Creator's Update.

When using Paint tool SAI, the pen will sometimes 'hitch' very subtly when I hover the pen over an already existing line.
When using Drawpile, there is always a slight pause in the pen input.
I draw for commissions and these issues have absolutely frozen my workflow.

The first time I had these issues was around October, when the update first came out. With no working solution then, I simply rolled back the update. This solved all of my issues. However, I am now using a brand new computer and cannot roll the update back. I am stuck with the Fall Creator's Update and the same issues have returned.

I have tried:
- Replacing my pen nib
- Checking if my drivers are up to date
- Reinstalling the drivers
- Changing Windows Ink settings
- Turning off Windows Ink
- Tweaking pressure sensitivity
- Testing it out on two other computers (one without the Fall Creator's update worked fine, but the one with it had the same issues.)
- Reinstalled the applications that I use (SAI and Drawpile)

None of these attempts have fixed the issues with my tablet on my new computer.
I hope that you can supply some help or at least give an ETA on any updates that might fix my problems. Thank you.

wacom1

Re: Intuos PT Medium issues (Windows 10 Fall Creator's Update)

Postby wacom1 » Tue 9. Jan 2018, 11:06

We have seen, that Windows Ink functionality was changed with the FCU, but that affects only applications, where Windows Ink is used. I would try to turn it off for all apps and test that situation. If that doesn't behave as expected, contact Wacom support, best with a short movie that helps to explain the issue to the devteam.

vmoritz

Postby vmoritz » Tue 9. Jan 2018, 22:34

You are not alone in this. I had to resort to a mouse to best use Excel.

Wacom have not said they are doing anything about it. You will find other thread on the same issue on this forum and also on Adobe forums as there are some issues with Adobe software.

The fact that the mouse works and the tablet does not suggests this is a Wacom tablet driver issue AND THEY NEED TO FIX IT

VonDieerde

Postby VonDieerde » Wed 10. Jan 2018, 06:27

I have turned it off for all apps, including each app individually via the Tablet Properties settings. No changes.
And to my knowledge, this forum is the only method of direct support other than a call center. If there is another more direct method such as e-mail or a different forum, please notify me.

Thanks.

vmoritz

Postby vmoritz » Thu 18. Jan 2018, 04:30

I've spent hours troubleshooting the problems I'm having with my Intuos tablet. Spreadsheet resizing, dragging cells etc are fine with a mouse. The tablet works fine with a mac (yes, I sourced one and installed the mac drivers to make sure it wasn't a problem with the tablet itself)

It is definitely a Windows 10 issue.

I had an email from Intuos- they offered to look at the problem but there would be a charge as I can't find the receipt. WTF??????????????????????????????

It's very frustrating. Maybe one day when I have RSI again from using a mouse windows or Intuos will provide a fix to this problem

VonDieerde

Postby VonDieerde » Thu 18. Jan 2018, 07:29

Wow! I'd be in the same position as you if I e-mailed them, then. I've had my Intuos for years, I don't even know where the box for it is, let alone the receipt... Horribly frustrating.

A small update for fellow illustrators:
The latest update of Drawpile works flawlessly for me, even with the Fall Creator's Update (Thanks to the dev who has been actively working to fix things).

https://drawpile.net

I would not recommend it for lineart (which is mostly what I do lol), but for sketching and painting, drawpile is a good free program with good support that works even with this disastrous update and the lack of real help from windows and wacom devs.

jenjen3092

Postby jenjen3092 » Fri 19. Jan 2018, 05:40

Hi, I am new to this forum and I am commenting here because I could not figure out how to make a new post. Toward the end of 2017, I had a problem with Google Chrome and my pen. I ended up purchasing the Intolus. It did not work either. However, a fix was found by going into Wacom Tablet settings and turning off "Windows Ink." Since the last update a week or so ago, the problem has started again. I checked and "Windows Ink" is still turned off. I would like to know if there is another fix for this since the last one, and if you can also tell me how to post a new question in this forum. Thank you.

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Fri 19. Jan 2018, 09:05

Apparently you have already managed to post in the forum - however, post do not show up immediately, since posts have to be approved be forum moderators (to avoid forum spam). There is a known problem between Google Chrome and Windows Ink. Since we see this problem also on competitor tablets without Wacom hardware, it appears not to be related to the Wacom driver. We can only advice to turn off Wacom Ink and enable 'use hardware acceleration' when available. For more details see http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

VonDieerde

Postby VonDieerde » Mon 19. Feb 2018, 11:08

It's now been more than a month and I still haven't been able to use my tablet effectively due to these same issues.
I had been hoping for a wacom driver update or a windows update that would fix it-- or at least an ETA on one-- but no such luck, I guess :(
I haven't been able to draw anything substantial since then, and I'm at my wits end. I've tried everything but outright buying a new pen tablet at this point.

If there's a tablet that doesn't have these problems since the Fall Creator's update, I'd really appreciate it if someone could give me recommendations.

Madrigal

Postby Madrigal » Tue 20. Feb 2018, 21:53

hi there,
did you manage to solve your problem?
do you have latency issues with wacom drivers as can be seen with Latencymon or similar software?

Return to “Pen Tablets”