New user account
If you have trouble to create a new user account and do not receive a confirmation Email, please contact our customer support https://www.wacom.com/en-gb/support and we will manually approve your account.
Please send an Email in which you tell us that you agree our Wacom privacy policy. Thank you for your understanding.

Wacom Drivers
June 2018: New drivers released version 6.3.30-6 for Win and 6.3.30-2 for Mac, with various bugfixes. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Registration
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?:https://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guideTitle=How-do-I-register-my-Wacom-device%2525253F&guideId=4244ade8-634a-433c-88b4-31d83e63226c

Need tablet with touch or mouse with absolute position or tracking

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
Coffee

Need tablet with touch or mouse with absolute position or tracking

Postby Coffee » Sun 15. Jul 2018, 16:46

Hello,

Looking for a tablet or touchpad that may or may not use a stylus but must have finger touch capability but the touch must be in absolute or pen mode. If the finger touch is in relative or mouse mode this will not be useful to me.

OR

Looking for a tablet or touchpad that may or may not have a stylus but must have a mouse that runs on the tablet in absolute or pen mode. If the mouse is in relative or mouse mode this will not be useful to me.

Summery. I am looking for a mouse or finger touch that use absolute tracking.

For Window 10 64bit. The smaller the tablet the better. Can be wired or wireless. Old or newer technology. Gesture capability would be nice but is not essential.

wacom1

Re: Need tablet with touch or mouse with absolute position or tracking

Postby wacom1 » Tue 17. Jul 2018, 09:36

You should look for a touchscreen - that is always absolute. With an opaque tablet or touchpad you cannot see beforehand, what you are touching, therefore such devices always run in relative mode (as far as I know).

Coffee

Postby Coffee » Sun 22. Jul 2018, 14:36

wacom1 wrote:You should look for a touchscreen - that is always absolute. With an opaque tablet or touchpad you cannot see beforehand, what you are touching, therefore such devices always run in relative mode (as far as I know).

Are the mice that run on top of a Wacom tablet, are they in relative or absolute mode?
The Stylus is in absolute mode but is the mouse that uses the same tablet also in absolute mode?

macEng

Postby macEng » Mon 23. Jul 2018, 02:14

Both styli and mice can be set to either absolute or relative mode in the Mapping tab in the Control Panel. By default, a stylus is set to absolute mode while a mouse is set to relative mode.

Coffee

Postby Coffee » Sat 11. Aug 2018, 00:21

MacEng,

Thanks for the info.

I am considering a few tablets that come with a mouse that runs on top of the tablet.
Good to know that the mouse can work in either the absolute or the relative mode.
Now to find one that will work in Windows 10 64bit

I Would prefer a Wacom model that allows both the stylus or finger touch.
Can select the finger touch to function in either relative or absolute mode?
But in my case only the absolute mode will work.

macEng

Postby macEng » Wed 15. Aug 2018, 03:26

There is no option to change the setting for touch so for absolute positioning you'll have to get a display tablet with touch support as wacom1 already pointed out. Also, I probably should have been more clear in my previous post but the option to change the stylus/mouse mode to either absolute or relative applies to only non-display tablets.

In my experience, mouse support is kind of hit or miss so you have to select the tablet carefully. The Wacom mouse that I have works with my PTH-451 but not with my newer PTH-860.

wacom4

Postby wacom4 » Mon 20. Aug 2018, 12:54

Main question: What do you want to achieve?
Opaque tablets have no absolute touch as this would be impossible to handle in a normal setup...

The Wacom Mouse (KC-100) works with Intuos Pro (PTH-x51) and Intuos 4 / Intuos 5.
Due to the lack of interest in the mouse we dropped the support for the last generation of Wacom Intuos Pro (PTH-x60).

Return to “Pen Tablets”