Page 1 of 1

Pen is not responding and lagging

Posted: Thu 4. Oct 2018, 19:47
by plazadelmar
I have problems with my pen. Its behaves weird. It doesn't follow the movement properly. Sometimes lagging and losing connection. The pressure is not working either. My tablet is 5 years old and my pen recently bought.

In Wacom preferences tools the pen icon is missing.
https://imgur.com/a/19BUPCA

So far I updated win10 to latest drivers
I updated Wacom drivers
Erased preferences
Restarted services
Changed pen nib
I tried it on my laptop and the behavior is the same with the new pen.
My old pen is working ok.

I bought the new pen from Amazon a month ago and as I understood they are not accepting returns or changes.

Appreciate if someone can help me in the right direction.

Re: Pen is not responding and lagging

Posted: Fri 5. Oct 2018, 14:24
by wacom5
Which tablet do you have and which pen did you buy? If your old pen works fine then the tablet and the driver are fine. The issue is only the new pen.

Re: Pen is not responding and lagging

Posted: Mon 8. Oct 2018, 08:27
by plazadelmar
wacom5 wrote:Which tablet do you have and which pen did you buy? If your old pen works fine then the tablet and the driver are fine. The issue is only the new pen.


I have the classic grip pen which I think is broken. It might have roll down from the table and fall on the floor. I bought it from Amazon for approx 2 months ago and they have closed the return options. I contacted Wacom service center and they told me they can't fix it because I caused the damage.

I'm here now with a new and broken Wacom pen and I don't know how to fix it. What would you do?

Re: Pen is not responding and lagging

Posted: Mon 8. Oct 2018, 14:22
by wacom5
Does the issue also happen with the eraser end of the grip pen or with the original pen?
If the issue is coming from the pen, then you need to replace it.

Still not sure which tablet you have and which operating system you have. I would need more information.

Re: Pen is not responding and lagging

Posted: Tue 9. Oct 2018, 21:00
by plazadelmar
wacom5 wrote:Does the issue also happen with the eraser end of the grip pen or with the original pen?


If the issue is coming from the pen, then you need to replace it.

Still not sure which tablet you have and which operating system you have. I would need more information.


The eraser works fine on the broken pen.

I'm using Intuos 5 touch, PTH 450 on Win10.

Re: Pen is not responding and lagging

Posted: Wed 10. Oct 2018, 07:24
by wacom5
Then the issue is just the pen. You'll need to have it replaced.

Re: Pen is not responding and lagging

Posted: Wed 10. Oct 2018, 08:04
by plazadelmar
wacom5 wrote:Then the issue is just the pen. You'll need to have it replaced.


Replaced by Amazon? Wacom? Could you be more specific about this issue, thanks.

Re: Pen is not responding and lagging

Posted: Wed 10. Oct 2018, 15:00
by wacom5
Either option is fine. You can reach out to Amazon as they are your dealer, or contact Wacom Support: https://support.wacom.com You said your pen is a month old so it should still be under warranty if no external damage occurred.