News 20.07.2020:
Dear customer, due to cookie policies we cannot allow embedding pictures from 3rd party sites any more.
In case you want to show our support teams a picture, open a case at http://www.wacom.com/support/contact-support
Thanks for your understanding.

Wacom Customer Support page: https://support.wacom.com/

Wacom Product Resources - Drivers, Manuals, Warranty Information & Others

Mac OS 10.15 Catalina Support:
https://www.wacom.com/en-de/support?guideId=015-916

About ARM architecture-based computer support:
Check our FAQ: Does the Wacom driver support ARM architecture-based computers?

eStore Shipping
Please note that reduced UPS service might affect your region due to CoVid-19 situation. See updated details for UPS serviceshttps://www.ups.com/de/en/service-alerts.page?id=alert1

Product Registration:
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?

Can't use shift or cmd + click with pen on Mac

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
niels24

Can't use shift or cmd + click with pen on Mac

Postby niels24 » Tue 13. Dec 2016, 11:34

Hey all,

I bought a brand-new Wacom Intuos tablet today (3D version), but there's this really annoying issue I have.
I'm running the latest version of macos Sierra (10.12.1) and Wacom drivers (6.3.19-6).

My problem is: when using the pen on the tablet, shift + clicking or cmd + clicking to select multiple things doesn't work. It doesn't work when assigning left click to one of the buttons on the tablet either.
It does work normally when using the trackpad in my MacBook or when using my fingers to control the tablet.

Any ideas? Thanks!

niels24

Re: Can't use shift or cmd + click with pen on Mac

Postby niels24 » Tue 13. Dec 2016, 13:44

Fixed by DOWNGRADING the driver to 6.3.18-4.
What is this madness? Wacom, please fix your software.

1. Very very often (just search the web and you'll find hundreds of threads) problems are solved by downgrading software, for some reason you guys break software on updates.

2. Why do you need to restart your computer when a new driver is installed? It's not 1995 anymore, people.

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Wed 14. Dec 2016, 08:03

New drivers are released for several reasons: fixing known issues, adjusting to new operating system releases, supporting new products and features. (We cannot sell any new products without a driver.) Any fixes and changes in the driver may have overlooked side effects in other areas and the best workaround might be using an older driver.

Changing system configuration while the system is running is introducing security risks, especially if portions of the installed program have to run at higher system levels (in 'system space') or have to work with other system services on such a level (f.e. touch/gesture handling). Also application programs like Photoshop check for the system configuration once when starting and will not work properly, when the configuration is changed while running. When you install the tablet driver, some parts can work without restart, but for proper integration it is recommended to restart the system.

niels24

Postby niels24 » Wed 14. Dec 2016, 08:44

Ah alright, I understand. Still it's odd that I only notice the whole thing with older drivers working better than newer ones with wacom :/
Thanks for the response!

david71

Postby david71 » Wed 14. Dec 2016, 10:55

I have the same issue where the brush size, hardness, zoom won't work because the command, option, alt and control keys are not working in conjunction with the pen! I have called in to report it but on further inspection and usage I have now found out the the clone stamp and healing brush can't be used either which now renders my IntuosPro completely useless, so a speedy resolution would be much appreciated.

satureyes

Postby satureyes » Wed 21. Dec 2016, 01:02

Same here.

Did a full uninstall of the Wacom drivers too.

My machine is a brand new iMac - right out of the box I installed my Wacom and I can't select multiples using the pen and holding shift on my keyboard. Kind of a pretty big loss of basic functionality I'd say.

betatester

Postby betatester » Fri 23. Dec 2016, 17:19

I have the same issue, I use Photoshop 2017 on Mac, with Intuos Pro...You can test the issue when using the clone stamp tool. The ALT Click won't work at all... I raised this issue with Wacom back in July of 2016, but it was an issue way before that.

The only way I could get this to work was to uninstall the Wacom driver completely and rollback the driver to version 6.3.15-3

Wacom says this is a Adobe issue, but if the older driver works and the newer one breaks it, then it is clearly a Wacom issue...

Wacom, own up to the issue, stop fobbing users off saying its an adobe issue...

lolaontw

Postby lolaontw » Sat 24. Dec 2016, 08:30

Modifier keys of extra keyboard still not working (at all) with newest driver

wacom intuos pro L - MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) - 10.12.2 (16C67)

please please please fix this issue...

satureyes

Postby satureyes » Sun 25. Dec 2016, 08:29

Rubbish. Wacom it's the same on a system level in macOS. Can't select multiple files using the keyboard and pen combo.
Can't select multiple in Final Cut Pro either. Nothing to do with adobe.

Also, the oen becomes 'sticky' and seems to act like a double tap sometimes.

At the moment. Intuos is totally boken with mac ox

meagkhan

Postby meagkhan » Mon 26. Dec 2016, 16:10

Hi,

I found this thread because I reinstalled my wacom drivers, only to experience the same issue (no shift/cmd click). I'm glad it can be fixed by downgrading drivers, but I can't find a way to GET older drivers. I'm sure it's a dumb question, but how can I get older drivers? I can only find the newest ones on Wacom's site.

Thank you very much in advance,
--- Meaghan

Return to “Pen Tablets”