Wacom Customer Support page: https://support.wacom.com/
Wacom Product Resources - Drivers, Manuals, Warranty Information & Others

Pen not working after Mac OSX update June 2019:
http://forum.wacom.eu/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4011

Why is the cursor on Windows a white dot or crosshairs?
http://forum.wacom.eu/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4013#p8912

Mac OS 10.15 Catalina Beta:
https://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guideId=015-916

Product Registration:
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?

Drawing software:
If you wondering which software to choose, check the trial versions below:

there's no way to set up precision mode to be proportional

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
keiichi7
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed 4. Jan 2017, 21:16

there's no way to set up precision mode to be proportional

Postby keiichi7 » Fri 8. Feb 2019, 20:58

wacom intuos pro precision mode is not proportional !!!

in the driver I set up my tablet to work in proportional mode, so to test it I use a circle stencil ruler to draw a circle on the tablet, if it is appears as a circle on the screen it means that the tablet is proportional.
but when I press the precision mode button, and then I draw the circle with the help of the stencil a very squashed ellipse appears on the screen.

there's no way to set up precision mode to be proportional !!

the reason I test it, because I felt precision mode very unnatural after drawing in proportional fullscreen mode.
I couldn't draw in the angle I wanted and missed everything.

wacom5
Posts: 707
Joined: Tue 8. Aug 2017, 14:35

Re: there's no way to set up precision mode to be proportional

Postby wacom5 » Mon 11. Feb 2019, 13:43

In precision mode, the active area of the tablet / display will be mapped to the area for precision mode. The proportion settings will not apply.

Can you please confirm your device, driver version and operating system? I just tested this, and I was not able to replicate.

Hommina
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue 12. Feb 2019, 05:54

Re: there's no way to set up precision mode to be proportional

Postby Hommina » Tue 12. Feb 2019, 05:57

Hi.

Is there a way I can configure my tablet to only draw in one small area? I want to only draw using the top right portion because it's where my hand rests the easiest.

Thank you

wacom5
Posts: 707
Joined: Tue 8. Aug 2017, 14:35

Re: there's no way to set up precision mode to be proportional

Postby wacom5 » Tue 12. Feb 2019, 09:17

Hommina wrote:Hi.

Is there a way I can configure my tablet to only draw in one small area? I want to only draw using the top right portion because it's where my hand rests the easiest.

Thank you

Hello.
Yes, this is possible. From the Wacom Tablet Properties:
  • Select your tablet from the Device panel
  • Select your pen from the Tool panel
  • Select All or your specific App from the Application panel
  • Click on the Mapping tab
  • Look for Tablet Area and select Portion... from the dropdown
  • Adjust the portion of the table you want to use - this may take a few tries until it feels right
I encourage you to explore the driver an all it's settings.

keiichi7
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed 4. Jan 2017, 21:16

Re: there's no way to set up precision mode to be proportional

Postby keiichi7 » Sun 17. Feb 2019, 01:08

wacom5 wrote:In precision mode, the active area of the tablet / display will be mapped to the area for precision mode. The proportion settings will not apply.

Can you please confirm your device, driver version and operating system? I just tested this, and I was not able to replicate.


Intuos pro paper M, driver version : 6.3.32-3
Windows 10 home edition x64 1803 OS build 17134.523

wacom5
Posts: 707
Joined: Tue 8. Aug 2017, 14:35

Re: there's no way to set up precision mode to be proportional

Postby wacom5 » Mon 18. Feb 2019, 09:43

keiichi7 wrote:
wacom5 wrote:In precision mode, the active area of the tablet / display will be mapped to the area for precision mode. The proportion settings will not apply.

Can you please confirm your device, driver version and operating system? I just tested this, and I was not able to replicate.


Intuos pro paper M, driver version : 6.3.32-3
Windows 10 home edition x64 1803 OS build 17134.523


I cannot reproduce with the same conditions. How many displays do you have and to which resolution are they set.

I have a 32" display as main display with 4k 16:9 and second display at 1080p also 16:9 connected and I still get to draw proportionally. I also tested with a circular object as you did to be sure.


Return to “Pen Tablets”