Wacom Customer Support page: https://support.wacom.com/

Product Registration:
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?

Drawing software:
If you are not able to register, please use the trial version of the software below and try to register again at a later date.

Wacom Drivers:
December 2018: New driver released for Windows (6.3.32-4) and Mac (6.3.32-3). Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Windows 10 Fall 2018 Update:
Updating to the newest Windows 10 Fall update? Wacom has identified a few issues within the latest update. Pan/Scroll is not working correctly in some applications. Also, Modifier Clicks do not work when assigned to pen buttons or ExpressKeys, see the screenshot below. The Wacom driver team has submitted a bug report with Microsoft for these issues and will continue to work with them until it is fixed. More information can be found here: here

Mac OS 10.14 Mojave:
Upgrading to Mac OS 10.14 Mojave? A new Mac OSX security feature requires some additional changes to run the Wacom Driver correctly. Please see the instructions found on our support page here. Also, If you have any issues, please try a clean driver install. Follow the steps here.

there's no way to set up precision mode to be proportional

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
keiichi7

there's no way to set up precision mode to be proportional

Postby keiichi7 » Fri 8. Feb 2019, 20:58

wacom intuos pro precision mode is not proportional !!!

in the driver I set up my tablet to work in proportional mode, so to test it I use a circle stencil ruler to draw a circle on the tablet, if it is appears as a circle on the screen it means that the tablet is proportional.
but when I press the precision mode button, and then I draw the circle with the help of the stencil a very squashed ellipse appears on the screen.

there's no way to set up precision mode to be proportional !!

the reason I test it, because I felt precision mode very unnatural after drawing in proportional fullscreen mode.
I couldn't draw in the angle I wanted and missed everything.

wacom5

Re: there's no way to set up precision mode to be proportional

Postby wacom5 » Mon 11. Feb 2019, 13:43

In precision mode, the active area of the tablet / display will be mapped to the area for precision mode. The proportion settings will not apply.

Can you please confirm your device, driver version and operating system? I just tested this, and I was not able to replicate.

Hommina

Postby Hommina » Tue 12. Feb 2019, 05:57

Hi.

Is there a way I can configure my tablet to only draw in one small area? I want to only draw using the top right portion because it's where my hand rests the easiest.

Thank you

wacom5

Postby wacom5 » Tue 12. Feb 2019, 09:17

Hommina wrote:Hi.

Is there a way I can configure my tablet to only draw in one small area? I want to only draw using the top right portion because it's where my hand rests the easiest.

Thank you

Hello.
Yes, this is possible. From the Wacom Tablet Properties:
  • Select your tablet from the Device panel
  • Select your pen from the Tool panel
  • Select All or your specific App from the Application panel
  • Click on the Mapping tab
  • Look for Tablet Area and select Portion... from the dropdown
  • Adjust the portion of the table you want to use - this may take a few tries until it feels right
I encourage you to explore the driver an all it's settings.

keiichi7

Postby keiichi7 » Sun 17. Feb 2019, 01:08

wacom5 wrote:In precision mode, the active area of the tablet / display will be mapped to the area for precision mode. The proportion settings will not apply.

Can you please confirm your device, driver version and operating system? I just tested this, and I was not able to replicate.

Intuos pro paper M, driver version : 6.3.32-3
Windows 10 home edition x64 1803 OS build 17134.523

wacom5

Postby wacom5 » Mon 18. Feb 2019, 09:43

keiichi7 wrote:
wacom5 wrote:In precision mode, the active area of the tablet / display will be mapped to the area for precision mode. The proportion settings will not apply.

Intuos pro paper M, driver version : 6.3.32-3
Windows 10 home edition x64 1803 OS build 17134.523

I cannot reproduce with the same conditions. How many displays do you have and to which resolution are they set.

I have a 32" display as main display with 4k 16:9 and second display at 1080p also 16:9 connected and I still get to draw proportionally. I also tested with a circular object as you did to be sure.

Return to “Pen Tablets”