Wacom Customer Support page: https://support.wacom.com/

Wacom Product Resources - Drivers, Manuals, Warranty Information & Others

Mac OS 10.15 Catalina Support:
https://www.wacom.com/en-de/support?guideId=015-916

Mac OS 10.15.4 Update:
What does the Mac OS warning message “Legacy System Extension” mean and why am I seeing it?

eStore Shipping
Please note that reduced UPS service might affect your region due to CoVid-19 situation. See updated details for UPS serviceshttps://www.ups.com/de/en/service-alerts.page?id=alert1

Product Registration:
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?

Intuos Pro M express keys dead

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
Dimmh0000

Intuos Pro M express keys dead

Postby Dimmh0000 » Sat 28. Jan 2017, 11:57

Hi,
So i have a PTH -651/K worked flawlessly ,wasn't damaged or such,but suddenly the express keys and touch ring and led are disabled,the surface works and surface leds are on.The thing i don't understand is that ocasionally it works properly,all leds on etc. Works for a day or so,and after resuming sleep is half dead again.Sometimes it works if i remove the battery,or starts working after a windows update.Can't really trace the error in any way.

Any help is welcome

running on win 10 x64
tried all drivers possible

wacom1

Re: Intuos Pro M express keys dead

Postby wacom1 » Sat 28. Jan 2017, 16:28

When this happens go to the tablet properties, click about and then diagnostics. Check if the buttonclicks are shown or not. If not, there seems to be a problem with the hardware. - If you cannot go to diagnostics because of an error, probably the driver is not running: in this case unplug and replug the tablet and reset the driver (use the Wacom desktop center -> backup settings, then use 'reset' or 'restore' settings from a previous backup.

Dimmh0000

Postby Dimmh0000 » Wed 1. Feb 2017, 18:15

buttons do not show up in diagnostics,i've done everything possible.I don't know what could have happened to the hw,since the tablet was on the same table for 1 year, ocasionally working,when it has the mood for it.
totally unreliable tool

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Thu 2. Feb 2017, 11:50

In the driver diagnostics look at the left column. The tablet should be selected as product and some line below you see 'left buttons'. When you now press one of the buttons, it should show the number for that button. If you press a button and button status is not changing, that button is dead. If the tablet is in warranty, contact customer care for the best way to get it fixed.

joanneanubis

Postby joanneanubis » Thu 2. Feb 2017, 12:07

Thanks for that response to checking the buttons, as I have the problem also. None of the buttons give me a response so it seems unlikely to be a hardware problem. My tablet hasn't been dropped either

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Thu 2. Feb 2017, 12:13

The buttons can fail for different reasons. If all buttons fail while the tablet itself works ok, most likely the connection between tablet and buttons is faulty - f.e. a cable could be loose or wires corroded because of liquid getting into the tablet.

joanneanubis

Postby joanneanubis » Thu 2. Feb 2017, 12:47

The tablet hasn't been used for a few months, its in a protective case, I don't believe it has been subject to damage. It is under warranty but i'm reluctant to take that approach as it means I wont have the tablet at all for some time. I would be interested to know if anyone else is experiencing similar problems

Dimmh0000

Postby Dimmh0000 » Thu 2. Feb 2017, 13:34

yes,i understand how diagnostics works.I wonder why sometimes the buttons work and sometimes not,it's also weird for them to stop working after resuming from sleep.Tablet is under warranty but i have not the proof of purchase one me ,so cant work and cant repair

Dimmh0000

Postby Dimmh0000 » Thu 2. Feb 2017, 14:27

so after plugging and repluggin usb 2 and usb 3 it works 1 out of 10 times,what is this? it's not hardware

Dimmh0000

Postby Dimmh0000 » Thu 2. Feb 2017, 15:16

and yeah,now it works properly till i will put the laptop to sleep and resume.I think a true hardware failure will have a more persistent behaviour.Is there any way to flush a firmware or find out the conflicts within the OS that cause this?

Return to “Pen Tablets”