NEW tablet drivers 6.3.21-10 for Windows and 6.3.21-8 for OSX released. For release notes use the link below the driver on the download page. Main change is support for the new Cintiq Pro 16 model and a new 'Wacom echo' feature for MobileStudio Pro.

for Windows: Fixed several problems related to touch on display tablets. Last update for an issue with transferring paper sketches or sketching in Inkspace

for OSX: Wavy lines problem fixed polus a number of other issues fixed or improved.

Wacom, this is ridiculous, not acceptable.

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
Rockfax

Re: Wacom, this is ridiculous, not acceptable.

Postby Rockfax » Mon 6. Mar 2017, 09:12

I am not sure that you have to move the slider all the way to 'fast' to avoid the clicking problem. If you are using a mouse, I suggest to try some lower settings.

It is a linear relationship I am experiencing - the lower the double-click speed, the more frequently it double-clicks in error. The problem is that even at the fastest setting, it still does it. What is more surprising is that it seems to get increasingly bad over time. If I reset the settings then it gets better for a few hours but becomes unusable fairly quickly again. For example, I reset it this morning but have already ditched the mouse again 30 minutes later.

I realise that this may be an Apple change that is effecting it, however for an expensive quality product like a Wacom, the reply "I am not sure that much can be done about it" doesn't inspire confidence.

Alan

Betelgeuse

Postby Betelgeuse » Tue 7. Mar 2017, 12:55

Hi, everyone! I decided to share my story of not success, looking to all of yours...

This is insane what Wacom does and it's killing me! I've just bought a brand new Wacom Intros Pro PTH 660 M size (not a paper edition) and it's a PAIN! Expensive one.

First of all non of Wacom's Youtube or website adds didn't say that the tablet CAN NOT WORK PROPERLY with Mac OS Sierra (Macbook Pro13 2015)!!! The lines is wavy, trashy, like I'm drunk!!! I'm a digital artist and line art is my everything! I can't draw at all with my Mac OS Sierra!!! Okay, I spent a few days of internet researches regarding this problem and tried all the possible troubleshooting: install, reinstall, uninstall drivers, delete even user logs from utility and library of my mac system, tried different pen and brush settings, tested how it works with/without usb cable and/or bluetooth!!! Those people that have previous models of Intuos Pro tablets recommend older drivers, but it's not my case, because PTH 660 can only work with the last two shitty drivers, because it's a brand new piece of useless hardware....

After all this wasting of my time I decided to make a rollback/switch to El Capitan OS from my hopeless Sierra! It cost me a whole day, because I needed to wait till it will be installed, than make all my files, settings and apps back to my Mac. DISASTER! Okay, I just wanted to use my new Wacom Intuos Pro tablet!!! Is it normal user experience?!! I say No, it's not!! It's too expensive and should be the best product, not the worst!!!

Second. What can I say using it for a few days now with El Capitan OS? Yes, it's not about wavy lines anymore, it's about a tiny lags and delays with drawing lines. It seems like from the moment I make a gesture with my pen to the moment it appears on my screen in latest Photoshop CC there is a little delay in response, maybe two seconds. I really don't like this stupid feeling. My oldschool Wacom Bamboo tablet works much smoother and nicer with the same Mac and version of Photoshop CC!!! How the heck is possible!?!? ( I need to say, that with Windows 10 this Intuos Pro works much better, I tested it by myself). Mac system preferences and Mouse setting didn't help as well.

Okay, let's talk about other trouble of my brand new purchase: Wacom Pro Pen 2 (that goes together with Wacom Intuos Pro PTH 660)! I changed the nibs two times during 3 days!!! Guys, I'm not crazy, I worked with Wacom tablets before! So, 1 nib per 1 day??? What the hell is going on??? I become angry very angry paranoid!!! The nib itself is a very tiny and thin (much thinner than for previous pro pen model, and it doesn't feel very comfortable while drawing with this pen! After just one day of drawing the nib/grip become with a very sharp corner!! It starts to make scratches on my tablet and makes little unpredictable moves from one more sharper side of a grip to another less one on the surface of the tablet and in the process of drawing. And it makes me feel like I'm drawing with the simple wood pencil for an academic drawing with the broken grip!!! You can imagine how it feels, right? :(

Everytime drawing with Wacom Intuos Pro PTH 660 I just want to go back to my old good friend Wacom Bamboo tablet!

Wacom, guys, are you okay with all this complains and customer's tears?!? This is not a free stuff, this is professional expensive stuff!!! How can I stay professional if my new tablet Wacom Intuos Pro PTH 660 doesn't give me an opportunity even to create a good line art?!?

Should I wait for 6 month, or a year, while you develop new working soft/drivers for new Intuos Pro?! So I just lost my money, my time and my inspiration by the Wacom products! I can't be creative with Wacom any longer!

I hope so much, you'll fix it guys ASAP, and save all your customers.

Thank you in advance for the response.

Very very angry and upset Julia.

Betelgeuse

Postby Betelgeuse » Tue 7. Mar 2017, 14:59

Hi, everyone! I decided to share my story of not success, looking to all of yours...

This is insane what Wacom does and it's killing me! I've just bought a brand new Wacom Intros Pro PTH 660 M size (not a paper edition) and it's a pain. Expensive one.

First of all non of Wacom's Youtube or website adds didn't say that the tablet CAN NOT WORK PROPERLY with Mac OS Sierra!!! The lines is wavy, trashy, like I'm drunk!!! I'm a digital artist and line art is my everything! I can't draw at all with my Mac OS Sierra!!! Okay, I spent a few days of internet researches regarding this problem and tried all the possible troubleshootings:install, reinstall, uninstall drivers, delete even user logs from utility and library of my mac system, tried different pen and brush settings, tested how it works with/without usb cable and/or bluetooth!!! Those people that have previous models of Intuos Pro tablets recommend older drivers, but it's not my case, because PTH 660 can only work with the last two shitty drivers, because it's a brand new piece of useless hardware....

After all this wasting of my time I decided to make a rollback/switch to El Capitan OS from my hopeless Sierra! It cost me a whole day, because I needed to wait till it will be installed, than make all my files, settings and apps back to my mac. DISASTER! Okay, I did it just to use my new Wacom Intuos Pro tablet!!! Is it normal user experience?!! I say No, it not!! It's too expensive and should be the best product, not the worst!!!

Second. What can I say using it for a few days now with El Capitan OS? Yes, it's not about wavy lines anymore, it's about a tiny lags and delays with drawing lines. It seems like from the moment I make a gesture with my pen to the moment it appears on my screen in latest Photoshop CC there is a little delay in response, maybe two seconds. I really don't like this stupid feeling. My oldschool Wacom Bamboo tablet works much smoother and nicer with the same mac!!! How the heck is possible!?!? ( I need to say, that with Windows 10 this Intuos Pro works much better, I tested it by myself)

Okay, let's talk about other trouble of my brand new purchase: Wacom Pro Pen 2 (that goes together with Wacom Intuos Pro PTH 660)! I changed the nibs two times during 3 days!!! Guys, I'm not crazy, I worked with Wacom tablets before! So, 1 nib per 1 day??? What the hell is going on??? I become angry very angry paranoid!!! The nib itself is a very tiny and thin (much thinner than for previous pro pen model, and it doesn't feel very comfortable while drawing with this pen! After just one day of drawing the nib/grip become with a very sharp corner!! It starts to make scratches on my tablet and makes little unpredictable moves from one more sharper side of grip to another less one on the surface of the tablet and in the process of drawing it makes me feel like I'm drawing with the simple wood pencil for academic drawing with the broken grip!!!

Wacom, guys, are you okay with all this complains and customer's tears?!? This is not a free stuff, this is professional expensive stuff!!! How can I stay professional if my new tablet Wacom Intuos Pro PTH 660 doesn't give me an opportunity even to create a good line art?!?

Should I wait for 6 month, or a year, while you develop new working soft/drivers for new Intuos Pro?! So I just lost my money, my time and my inspiration by the Wacom products! I can't be creative with Wacom any longer!

I hope so much, you'll fix it guys ASAP, and save all your customers.

Thank you in advance for the response.

Julia
Last edited by Betelgeuse on Wed 8. Mar 2017, 17:48, edited 1 time in total.

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Wed 8. Mar 2017, 08:03

We are very sorry, that your experience is not as good as we want. For short delays in El Capitano open the tablet properties and set the doubleclick distance to minimum. - The issue with wavy lines in Sierra is a known problem and we need help from Apple to resolve this. (Sierra has different handling for mouse, touch and pen input than previous versions of OSX and some things don't work yet as they should). We are working with Apple on a fix.

BensonCorner

Postby BensonCorner » Thu 9. Mar 2017, 08:54

Amazing !

dkaplowitz

Postby dkaplowitz » Mon 13. Mar 2017, 16:05

I'm having very similar issues under WIndows, and Wacom has instructed me to get in touch with Microsoft. Yeah right!

Kyzy2017

Postby Kyzy2017 » Tue 14. Mar 2017, 01:23

This is absolutely driving me crazy. I'm experiencing all the problems mentioned in this thread.

http://s989.photobucket.com/user/Kazzuk ... e.gif.html

My pen isn't even ON the tablet and its drawing lines and double clicking out of nowhere. As a Masters of Fine art student, this is setting me back. A lot.
I've reduced the speed of the double click but it hasn't helped a noticeable amount.

I'm on Windows with a wacom art pen and touch.

Does anyone have a fix? Perhaps a driver kind that DOES work?

ngowalde

Postby ngowalde » Fri 24. Mar 2017, 10:24

wacom1 wrote:We are very sorry, that your experience is not as good as we want. For short delays in El Capitano open the tablet properties and set the doubleclick distance to minimum. - The issue with wavy lines in Sierra is a known problem and we need help from Apple to resolve this. (Sierra has different handling for mouse, touch and pen input than previous versions of OSX and some things don't work yet as they should). We are working with Apple on a fix.

Thank for replying to the software issues. What about the hardware side ? I do have exactly the same problem. The Nib is completely gone after a couple of days. It´s cant be the solution to change nibs every day. I really hope Wacom comes up with a solution and compensation for all the trouble. Right now I had to put it aside and work on an Intuos 4 again. Like the current stat it´s a no go for professional work.

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Sun 26. Mar 2017, 16:00

If the pen click and selects before touching the surface, something is wrong on the hardware side of the pen. You can try to change the nib and check pressure in the driver diagnostics. If it remains like that, you need another pen and should contact support.

Rearding nibs wearing down fast: Depending on the material of the nib, the tablet surface and the applied pressure, nibs will wear down more or less. We include softer and harder nibs and offer different surface materials so you can find the combination you like best for drawing. And you can modify the pen pressure in the driver: if you often apply full pressure, I suggest to go to the tip feel pressure detail/advanced settings and move the upper pressure threshold down: then you don't have to press so much and get full pressure in software.

ArtTroll

Postby ArtTroll » Mon 27. Mar 2017, 08:54

Hi

I thought I would share my experience also, which after many hours and reloading/ trying drivers hasn't solved the issue.
I am on a late 2015 iMac now running OS Sierra 10.12.3 with a Intuos Pro M (paper edition) and I am now struggling to work due to the mixture of pen taps and clicks not being registered and random items being highlighted as if selected when tapping.

I work in a busy professional studio where minutes are valuable, let alone hours going back and forth reloading drivers and restarting computers.
This new OS release has been out for months now. I thought I had left it more than long enough for it to be fully working and for any kinks to have been worked out. Even more so from professional and expensive hardware that you know is relied upon everyday (hence the rather hefty price tag we obligingly part with out cash for).

When will this issue be resolved? As it needs to be immediately. So far my only real option seems to be rolling back to El Capitan where it was more reliable.

Chris

Return to “Pen Tablets”