NEW tablet driver 6.3.22-3 for OSX released. For release notes use the link below the driver on the download page. Problem mit modifiers on keyboard getting stuck was fixed.

New version for for Windows 6.3.22-6: Fixed various problems - f.e. pen not working after start or return from sleep.

For more details see the driver release notes on the driver download page.

Driver 6.3.19-6 - STILL BUGGY

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
henrikmjoberg

Re: Driver 6.3.19-6 - STILL BUGGY

Postby henrikmjoberg » Thu 29. Dec 2016, 01:15

david71 wrote:... The pen stops being recognised by the tablet, all touch gestures are recognised and to get the pen working again I have to restart the Mac then within 10 mins the pen looses connection again.

I'm sorry to hear that you're not out of the woods yet David. I know the feeling far too well.

But I must say that I haven't had any lost connectivity with the latest 6.3.19-10 driver running macOS 10.12.2 and an Intous PTH-651 connected by USB-wire over a days activity. Are you using bluetooth to connect the tablet? Frankly I don't see the point using battery powered wireless technology in many cases. However I have noticed a very long (about 20 to 30 s) wake-up time for my tablet at work running OS X 10.11 and an earlier Wacom driver after waking the Mac from standby.

After about three and a half years I can finally say; thank you Wacom! In fact this 6.3.19-10 driver works so well for me I'm going to stick with it in foreseeable future.

PS. Neither will I update to Adobe CC 2017 which is, at least over time, bound to mess things up.

djpollock

Postby djpollock » Fri 30. Dec 2016, 01:06

I purchased my first Cintiq (27QHD) just before Christmas and am having quite a lot of problems with drivers which mainly relate to the express key remote. I had many of the same issues with 6.3.19-6 as others in this group (I thought I was going crazy). I just updated the other day to 6.3.19-10 which fixed SOME of the bugs. But it introduced a fairly significant one. I have an express key button mapped to Command+T (for transforming a selection in PS), I also have a key mapped to Command+Opt+z (for step backward). When I press either of these express keys the Wacom Tablet driver crashes completely and my brand new Cintiq display becomes…well…just a display. Sometimes if I quit the process in Activity Monitor it automatically starts again but most of the time I have to restart the computer. Command+T works fine from the keyboard just not from the express key remote. I have mapped Command+T to other buttons too and it still crashes, I also mapped it to an on-screen shortcut button and it crashed the driver too. I have other buttons mapped to different things (like lasso select) and they work fine.
This is really frustrating, I'm going to try to downgrade to an older driver until this is fixed.

JeighEssdott

Postby JeighEssdott » Wed 4. Jan 2017, 12:42

wacom1 wrote:Wacom has many different tablet models, some have a display, some don't and the installer does not know, which tablet model you have - you might have several different models attached at the same time. The driver must be running to detect, which model you have. Instead of keeping and maintaining +5 different driver versions, we have just 1 pro driver package, that work with different generations of Intuos, Cintiqs, with MobileStudio Pro etc. If your tablet model does not have a display, there is no need to start the Display Setting program. If you do, you get a notification, that there is no supported Wacom display connected.

If you are on OSX, please try the newest driver version 6.3.19-10, which should fix several of the issues in the 6.3.19-6 release.

Tried the latest driver, and the pen stops working after using express keys, the tablet itself stops working, and before all of that, when I assign "erase" to the side buttons, it doesn't work in the program(s): Photoshop CS6, Manga Studio 4EX. Uninstall/Reinstall only gives me the same results, and restoring settings only works for a few minutes before it starts bugging out again. Going back to the previous update, the spacebar becomes locked, rendering drawing with the pen useless because it's stuck in "pan" mode because of it. I'm assuming that it's the latest OSX update (Sierra) because I haven't had any issues with this in the previous OSX versions.

Laura33

Postby Laura33 » Wed 4. Jan 2017, 13:28

I have exactly the same problem with my brand new Intuos Pro :-(
The pen stops working especially when using the advanced tools. Also the pen does not scroll through my pictures in Adobe Lightroom CC. Very annoying. All I can do is give the system a restart. Im on the latest driver 10, mac os sierra and photoshop cc. Called the Wacom helpdesk and they admitted it is a problem in their software and are likely to bring out an update any time this month. That is rather late I would say....

alainbe

Postby alainbe » Wed 4. Jan 2017, 14:54

It seems a lot of us are experiencing the same kind of problem (see my post of last night: http://forum.wacom.eu/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=125)...

A bit weird to release such a buggy driver; surely this could have been spotted with a bit of testing, It took me less than two minutes in Photoshop to get stuck!

The title of this post should be changed to Driver 6.3.19-10 - STILL BUGGY

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Thu 5. Jan 2017, 11:49

There is a new driver 6.3.20-4 released for the just on CES announced new Intuos Pro models. The colleges have been testing and working on this driver since weeks - of course mainly concentrating on the new tablet functions. Some issues still exist and could not be resolved yet in time. If you install the new driver, make sure to uninstall older drivers first, then restart and install the new version. If you run into problems, revert to an older driver if possible for your tablet model.

david71

Postby david71 » Thu 5. Jan 2017, 13:56

wacom1 wrote:There is a new driver 6.3.20-4 released for the just on CES announced new Intuos Pro models. The colleges have been testing and working on this driver since weeks - of course mainly concentrating on the new tablet functions. Some issues still exist and could not be resolved yet in time. If you install the new driver, make sure to uninstall older drivers first, then restart and install the new version. If you run into problems, revert to an older driver if possible for your tablet model.

The new update doesn't solve the issue of the pen freezing (on Mac Sierra 10.12.2) I have deleted the old drivers, restarted, connected the intuos pro via usb installed the new 6.3.20-4 driver, restarted, opened Photoshop then as soon as I use an express key the pen freezes and the express keys stop working and now i have to re install to get it working again.

I have to be honest but this is getting beyond a joke now!

alainbe

Postby alainbe » Thu 5. Jan 2017, 14:58

wacom1 wrote:... Some issues still exist and could not be resolved yet in time...

This is simply totally unacceptable. You release a driver for which you know issues exist! Why not limit it to the new tablets? You know your drivers have been causing problems for a while. We all seem to be experiencing the same problems with MacOS Sierra (pen freezes as soon as we hit an express key or the pen button), but you still indicate the new driver is compatible with the Intuos Pro!!

I reverted to 6.3.15-3 and at least the pen dos not freeze anymore. The express keys do not however send the correct keystrokes when pressed. I can live with that (for a while...), but it is annoying not to be able to use all the tablet's features.

I really do hope you get your things together quickly. This post was started three weeks ago, We have since then had two driver upgrades, and still no fix for the reported bugs. The posts reporting bugs aren't even all answered !

As I said at the beginning: totally unacceptable!

SkidsUK

Postby SkidsUK » Thu 5. Jan 2017, 19:35

I have to agree with everyone else.
This is unacceptable. I went back to 6.3.15-3 but was reminded that older drivers prevented me from shutting down or restarting my Mac which Wacom kept very quiet about.

Also when I tried to update to the one of the drivers from a few weeks back from within Wacom desktop centre I ket getting a message that a restart was needed even though I had restarted on numerous occasions.

I don't know what is going on within Wacom, whether you have new developers or something else but driver development recently has been abysmal!

Its a shame that my first post on here has to be like this but if I had had a response from the support call I raised then I wouldn't have had to come on here.

This needs to get sorted quickly

mackarelle

Postby mackarelle » Thu 5. Jan 2017, 19:42

I had the same problems as many other users, with my Wacom Intuos Pro Medium.
El Capitan: erratic double click behaviour, 'sticky' modifier keys.
After upgrading to Sierra: same problems, even worse (more often), and couldn't properly click a window anymore.
Tried deinstalling, rebooting, reinstalling other drivers, but without success. Spent a whole afternoon trying to fix this, without result.
(More details: see https://forums.adobe.com/message/9225307)

My solution: I downgraded my entire Macbook from Sierra back to El Capitan. I had to backup all my files. Downgraded back to El Capitan. Had to reinstall all my apps and settings. Then installed Wacom with the old 6.3.15-3 driver. Disabled Touch Ring, Express keys and all panels, as suggested here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2169300. Now my Wacom FINALLY works again. Cost me another day to do the entire re-install, but happy at least my Wacom is usable again. I will hold off upgrading to Sierra, or upgrading my driver for now...!

So in total it cost me 1,5 days of frustration, rebooting, reinstalling everything, just to get my Wacom working... -_-

Return to “Pen Tablets”