NEW tablet driver 6.3.23-4 for OSX released. For release notes use the link below the driver on the download page. Fixed: Problem mit modifiers on keyboard in combination with pentip, accidential double-clicks etc. Last update for an issue with ZBrush navigation.

New version for for Windows 6.3.23-1: Fixed various problems - zooming with expresskeys, 'driver not responding' error message and others.

For more details see the driver release notes on the driver download page.

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom Cintiq Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to version 1.2.3.0 to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer. - There is now also such a firmware update for MobileStudio Pro for this issue.

Driver 6.3.19-6 - STILL BUGGY

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
SkidsUK

Re: Driver 6.3.19-6 - STILL BUGGY

Postby SkidsUK » Thu 5. Jan 2017, 22:19

So do posts have to go by admins before they appear here or has mine simply been removed?
Last edited by SkidsUK on Sat 7. Jan 2017, 20:36, edited 1 time in total.

alainbe

Postby alainbe » Fri 6. Jan 2017, 08:05

mackarelle wrote:...
(More details: see https://forums.adobe.com/message/9225307)

This is worse than I thouhgt. It actually goes back to June 2016 !

Wacom, it is time to wake up and give a proper response if you don't want to see your customer base go see somewhere else...

A bit more serious feedback on this forum would also be welcome !!!!

Designkjell

Postby Designkjell » Tue 10. Jan 2017, 07:53

To be honest, the last two years has been a nightmare when it comes to using Wacom with OS X.

But after upgrading to Sierra 10.12.2 my wacom gear has become unusable.

Intuos 3.
This one stopped working with Sierra. Fair enough it`s an old Wacom board, so I dont mind that.

Intuos Pro Medium
I`ve had a bunch of stuff with this one. After upgrading to Sierra:

• The Pen is way to sensitive when it comes to clicking/doubleclicking.
• The Pen randomly selects everything, to use the pen I have to keep pressing cmd+D do deselect.
• Clicking drops in and out. Clicking items/buttons etc keeps dropping out. I can however move the cursor with the pen, but I cannot click anything. I will have to use the mouse to click or close a window etc, before it works for a short while...

Cintiq 24HD
All the same issues as with the Intuos Pro Medium
•The Pen is way to sensitive when it comes to clicking/doubleclicking.
•The Pen randomly selects everything, to use the pen I have to keep pressing cmd+D do deselect.
•Clicking drops in and out. Clicking items/buttons etc keeps dropping out. I can however move the cursor with the pen, but I cannot click anything. I will have to use the mouse to click or close a window etc, before it works for a short while...

What I HAVE tried
• Uninstalling driver, reinstalling driver
• Downgrading to older driver
• Upgrading to newest driver (Driver 6.3.20-4)
• Turning off Ink
• Turning off Accessability
• Cleaning system, removed every wacom related file prior to installing new and old
• Upgrading to latest OS, I am now on OSX 10.12.3 beta (16D17a). I know it is stupid to go on the Beta, but I am desperate. This thing is messing up my work.

From Bad to worse
For me it got much worse after 10.12.2. Untill 10.12.2 it was mostly sensitivity and the random selection that bothered me. After 10.12.2 it is impossible to use my wacom gear. I even got so annoyed that I broke one of my pens...didn`t help though...

UPDATE
I reinstalled OSX on an older iMAC (27" mid 2010) Everything seems to work fine for now. Will do the same on the workstation at the Office....

Please, wacom...get your act together...I see you are desperate to get more consumers with your new low-end products. But dont forget your core customers which are the prosumers...

yurtletheturtle

Postby yurtletheturtle » Thu 12. Jan 2017, 18:01

Interesting that Wacom say:

What is Wacom′s approach to become more sustainable and environmental friendly?

Wacom continues to look for ways to reduce its environmental impact whether at our offices worldwide or in our packaging. With the Intuos5 packaging we′re using compostable bamboo inner tray and recyclable materials while reducing the amount of packaging. This all adds up to less environmental impact.

Try supporting legacy products better instead of forcing us to throw perfectly good pieces of equipment into the bin and making us buy new. Surely updating drivers is far more environmentally friendly.

gabrielcardial

Postby gabrielcardial » Fri 13. Jan 2017, 11:15

Still Bug Here!

Configs: Wacom Intuos 5 PTH Small
Macbook Pro Retina 15 Mid 2015.

:(

BensonCorner

Postby BensonCorner » Fri 13. Jan 2017, 12:42

Sorry to say that intuos drivers are lame and crapy since 1 year.
The one that works the least badly for intuos pro under Sierra is "WacomTablet_6.3.18-4.dmg"
But don't expect a perfect experience !

mattiafalo

Postby mattiafalo » Fri 13. Jan 2017, 22:55

I just bought a new Wacom Intuos pro (PTH-651), i'm working on macOS Sierra and on the latest version of Photoshop CC 2017, when i press one of the ExpressKeys or i use the Touch Ring to which i set a Keystroke that contains CMD my pen can't move the mouse anymore (the touch input still works) and all the ExpressKeys and Touch Ring are no longer working. I need to restart my Mac to make the tablet work again. I'm using the latest version of the drivers (6.3.20-4), i tried to install the previous version and i had the same issues.

In this moment the tablet is almost unusable, i hope that a new version of the drivers can resolve this problems quickly otherwise i'll need to return my tablet...

BensonCorner

Postby BensonCorner » Mon 16. Jan 2017, 08:15

Obviously, 6.3.20-4 is a piece of shit !
Why is that ? Why don't you wait for an effective driver before releasing it ?

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Mon 16. Jan 2017, 09:27

You need driver 6.3.19-6 at least for the Cintiq Pro models and 6.3.20-4 for the new Intuos Pro 2107 models. For other tablets you can use older drivers like the 6.3.15. Certain problems are due to signifant changes in OSX Sierra for input data handling. Wacom is working with Apple to improve this.

Shogun1111

Postby Shogun1111 » Thu 19. Jan 2017, 18:40

For company with such high priced products you would expect that the support and drivers would be on that "price" level. But time and time again Wacom proved that they have worst drivers and support.

I really can't figure out how can you release such buggy drivers every time that makes your product unusable. The one thing i learned from Wacom is when they finally release driver that actually works ( it takes long time ), DON'T change it no matter what.

I have INTOUS Pro Medium tablet and first 2-3 months i could not use the tablet because of the awful drivers. The last driver that is working ok with my expensive Intous pro is 6.3.15-3!!

Few days ago i switched to new computer and new platform :

MBO : MSI Gaming Pro Carbon
CPU : Kaby Lake I7 7700k

I've try to install last 3 drivers 6.3.18,19 and 20. and in all of them the wireless function is broken. Tablet freezes all the time and then stops working after few minutes. Pressure sensitivity is on-off in photoshop if it works longer than 30 seconds. USB receiver is not compatible with new USB 3.1 and stops working.

I've tried everything...re-installing multiple times, change USB ports but nothing worked. The only solution i found is that i connected USB receiver in old USB 3.0 port and installing old 6.3.15-3 drivers that make wireless function usable.

When are you planing...if you are ever planing....release drivers that actually work and that are checked before they are released ?
Why do you release broken and buggy drivers for your expensive product that makes them unusable ?
How can wireless feature be broken in 3 series of drivers and not working?
Why does it take so long to finally have one normal driver that works?

Thank you for your answers in advance.

Return to “Pen Tablets”