NEW tablet driver 6.3.22-3 for OSX released. For release notes use the link below the driver on the download page. Problem mit modifiers on keyboard getting stuck was fixed.

Laste version for for Windows 6.3.21-10: Fixed several problems related to touch on display tablets. Last update for an issue with transferring paper sketches or sketching in Inkspace

Driver 6.3.19-6 - STILL BUGGY

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
wacom1

Re: Driver 6.3.19-6 - STILL BUGGY

Postby wacom1 » Tue 20. Dec 2016, 09:52

If you have trouble with some keystrokes and the 6.3.19-6 driver, uninstall it and use driver 6.3.15-3 instead.

Str8aero

Postby Str8aero » Wed 21. Dec 2016, 21:36

I'm a new owner of an Intuos Pro running a Mac with Sierra 10.12.2. I too am having issues where my Mac keyboard does not work with the Pen (shift - command, etc) where it works fine with my Apple trackpad. There have also been issues in Photoshop.
Per the post above it says to install the 6.3.15-3 driver. I can't find that one? On the Wacom site there is a 6.3.18-4 and the next older one is 6.3.15-1?

I really hope this gets fixed soon! I have another couple weeks to return it and plan to if it is not working!

henrikmjoberg

Postby henrikmjoberg » Thu 22. Dec 2016, 01:19

Ok, older drivers lack the keyboard issue, but the 6.3.19-6 version is the only one since 6.3.11w3 to work properly in Adobe Lr, apart from hitting alternator keys. In fact no Wacom driver for OS X 10.11 and later have worked properly in Adobe Lr since CC was released, due to the curves bug. That topic was a long running subject on the previous Wacom forum but it is also represented on Adobe forums.

However regarding the 6.3.19-6 driver; the touch input (which works like a mouse) isn't affected at all by the keyboard bug. You can move the cursor with your finger and hit any key at any time and it works. Tested on macOS 10.12.2 with Wacom Intous Pro PTH-651.

henrikmjoberg

Postby henrikmjoberg » Thu 22. Dec 2016, 01:36

daciang wrote:...
And get rid of the Crapware. There is absolutely no need for the Wacom Desktop Center.

I agree Daciang, but you can just trash Desktop Center every once in while you install a new driver, in hope of that bugs are squashed with a magic wand. When a working driver for macOS 10.12 in conjunction with Adobe apps get released I'm going to stick with it for ever.

Please get on this Wacom. Just do what it takes to get this solved instead of sending newsletters with brand new products when current tablets are crippled.

gerdmoors

Driver 6.3.19-6 auto scroll/zoom not working

Postby gerdmoors » Fri 23. Dec 2016, 21:29

Today I installed driver 6.3.19-6 for my Intuos Pro tablet on an iMac with the latest software(-updates).
But the auto scroll/zoom function (touch ring) on the tablet isn't working under Photoshop CC 2017.
It works, like it should, under Capture One Pro 10.

betatester

Postby betatester » Fri 23. Dec 2016, 21:33

Reported issues with the drivers in July 2016, Wacom support just kept saying that it was issues with Adobe...
Nothing but crappy support... Upgraded to adobe 2017 and still crappy drivers... Purchased this Intuos Pro and can't use it at all.

What the hell Wacom, enough of the excuses allready.... The drivers have been crappy for a long time now... Stop blaming other companies and focus on fixing the issues for your current user base..

raven111

Postby raven111 » Mon 26. Dec 2016, 16:37

henrikmjoberg wrote:
daciang wrote:...
And get rid of the Crapware. There is absolutely no need for the Wacom Desktop Center.

I agree Daciang, but you can just trash Desktop Center every once in while you install a new driver, in hope of that bugs are squashed with a magic wand. When a working driver for macOS 10.12 in conjunction with Adobe apps get released I'm going to stick with it for ever.

Please get on this Wacom. Just do what it takes to get this solved instead of sending newsletters with brand new products when current tablets are crippled.

You know what else shouldn't be in driver package for any Intuos tablets? Freaking Wacom Display Settings. Why the heck would I need it on INTUOS?!
And how about Android File Transfer? WHY? JUST WHY? It's tablet drivers for freaking graphic tablet, you hear, Wacom? FREAKING DRIVERS! Not some god knows what software package.
All I need is software that makes my tablet work with no bugs i.e. software utility and settings. Who had the best idea users would need all that extra crap they never use?

And releasing drivers that simply makes all tablets except Cintiqs unusable with an excuse of making some updates for Cintiqs is laughable. Now tell me why the heck do Cintiq and Intuos have the SAME FREAKING .DMG FILE FOR DRIVERS? You have separate sections for different tablets. Why can't you make different driver builds for different products? Really, it's just a matter of minutes to make separate ones. MINUTES, WACOM!

I'm so angry I just don't have any more words. It's so stupid.
You release a software with an obvious bug what indicates that you do ZERO testings before making it public. It's not even some hidden bug or a rare one. It's the one that like EVERY customer has complained about for a year or something. And afterwards you just let it pass like it's not a big deal.
"Meh, just downgrade. No biggy".
A+ answer, Wacom. A+

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Tue 27. Dec 2016, 08:55

Wacom has many different tablet models, some have a display, some don't and the installer does not know, which tablet model you have - you might have several different models attached at the same time. The driver must be running to detect, which model you have. Instead of keeping and maintaining +5 different driver versions, we have just 1 pro driver package, that work with different generations of Intuos, Cintiqs, with MobileStudio Pro etc. If your tablet model does not have a display, there is no need to start the Display Setting program. If you do, you get a notification, that there is no supported Wacom display connected.

If you are on OSX, please try the newest driver version 6.3.19-10, which should fix several of the issues in the 6.3.19-6 release.

david71

Postby david71 » Tue 27. Dec 2016, 10:56

You may have solved a couple of issues but you have created an even bigger one! The pen stops being recognised by the tablet, all touch gestures are recognised and to get the pen working again I have to restart the Mac then within 10 mins the pen looses connection again.

henrikmjoberg

Re: Driver 6.3.19-6 auto scroll/zoom not working

Postby henrikmjoberg » Tue 27. Dec 2016, 22:42

gerdmoors wrote:... But the auto scroll/zoom function (touch ring) on the tablet isn't working under Photoshop CC 2017.
It works, like it should, under Capture One Pro 10.

During the last years and subsequent PS versions and Wacom drivers I have never really liked the auto zoom function. It is far better to assign keyboard shortcuts to the tablet ring, ie. Rotate left (CMD -) and Rotate right (CMD +). Furthermore you can set the sensivity of the wheel. Then you have better control of zoom increments and never get odd values like 53% or something, and in return the steps are ..25%, 33, 50, 66, and so forth. Do the same for other tools frequently used like for example brush size, brush hardness, opacity or else.

Good luck!

PS. Let's hope the new driver 6.3.19-10 works better under macOS 10.12.

Return to “Pen Tablets”