New drivers posted for Mac and Win, version 6.3.25. Now supporting OSX High Sierra. Windows driver 6.3.25-3 is updated to versiob 6.3.25-5 now to fix an issue with the WL Kit. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Driver 6.3.19-6 - STILL BUGGY

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
daciang

Driver 6.3.19-6 - STILL BUGGY

Postby daciang » Wed 14. Dec 2016, 18:50

Welcome back Wacom Forum, looking forward to more miserable experiences with Wacom.
Yep, I'm frustrated. I hope the Forum Staff won't take it personally as I know it's not their fault.

I'm running a Intuos pro on the latest MacOS Sierra with the latest Wacom driver - 6.3.19-6

First of all, what is the purpose of the Wacom Desktop Center app? It is a useless app that only has links to the Wacom website and to my Settings. Thank you, I don't need that taking almost 200mb of space on my computer.
Why did the Wacom Desktop Center not inform me there was a new update available? I had to go online and look for it myself. At least it had the current driver number listed. The new version only says "Driver is up to date". No version is listed at all.

Second, the Modifier keys are still stuck in Photoshop and every other app. It's worse than before.
Just try to use the Clone Stamp Tool in Photoshop. You hold the Alt key and the alternative cursor flashes and immediately disappears. The tablet is unusable for anything else than freehand drawing, without pushing any key. It's worse than a mouse in every other respect.

I'm at the end of my nerves with Wacom.
Get it together and release a working damn driver for MacOS!! How can you release non-working drivers over and over again for half a year? Do you even check what you're releasing?
And get rid of the Crapware. There is absolutely no need for the Wacom Desktop Center.

If you are going to suggest that I should install the driver again and reset my settings, please just stop with that.

wacom1

Re: Driver 6.3.19-6 - STILL BUGGY

Postby wacom1 » Thu 15. Dec 2016, 07:33

The driver was released because we have new products (Cintiq Pro) on the market. - There are a number of known issues, since not evrything could be fixed in time. Since Apple changed pen and mouse/touch handling in the os with the release of Sierra, the tablet driver had to adjusted for that. But also applications should be modified accordingly. At the moment we see some programs using the new system, some use the older method and the tablet drivers tries to work for both cases (and also for older versions of PS and older versions of OSX). We need more time for that. If your tablet is supported with the 6.3.15 driver, it may work better with that version, depending on which functions you are using.

genericusername

Postby genericusername » Thu 15. Dec 2016, 10:13

the tablet functions work fine, it's the keyboard shortcut that are broken/sticking, nothing to do with mouse movement

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Fri 16. Dec 2016, 09:00

I have no details about these system changes in the system input data queue. Apparently there are affects also on timing and input from the keyboard.

Tearsen

Postby Tearsen » Fri 16. Dec 2016, 11:26

I´m also on macOS 10.12.2 with the latest driver on an intuous pro tablet. The modifier keys in Photoshop 2017 completly stopped to work.
Please fix your drivers asap,since i´m not able to use my tablet for several month.

How can you even release such a essentially broken Product?

Sidepeek

Postby Sidepeek » Sun 18. Dec 2016, 15:21

I am at least as frustrated as you. And I have a Windows 10 system. So, it isn't going well there either.

henrikmjoberg

Postby henrikmjoberg » Sun 18. Dec 2016, 21:00

The issues with alternator keys running macOS 10.12 applies to OS X 10.11 as well, as I've tested this on different machines. And it affects the whole system; you can't even hold down Shift or Command to mark several files in Finder.

But hey, the long going bug of erratic movement using curves adjustments and HSL-picker in Adobe LR is squashed.

Good luck! ..dare I install the upcoming driver? Btw. it's a good thing to keep an Apple mouse handy meanwhile.

mattanderson

Postby mattanderson » Mon 19. Dec 2016, 13:07

Tearsen wrote:I´m also on macOS 10.12.2 with the latest driver on an intuous pro tablet. The modifier keys in Photoshop 2017 completly stopped to work.
Please fix your drivers asap,since i´m not able to use my tablet for several month.

How can you even release such a essentially broken Product?

I have the same issue. Just updated to 10.12.2 and Photoshop CC 2017, Intuos 5 touch. Modifier keys not working. Scrubby zoom, HUD, not working.
Everything works with the apple mouse. I've tried the latest driver and the old driver for the intuous. No luck. We have several of these tablets in our production department. We need a fix ASAP !

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Mon 19. Dec 2016, 13:39

Did you try driver version 6.3.15-3 ? That seems to work best with most variations of OSX and Photoshop at the moment.

Filiplelitzki

Postby Filiplelitzki » Mon 19. Dec 2016, 22:58

I have just bought a new Wacom Intuos Draw tablet, model CTL-490 white, and have very similar issues - none of the keyboard shortcuts are working with Adobe CC apps while using the tablet. At the same time, everything is fine while using a mouse or trackpad.

I am working on Mac, macOS Sierra 10.12.2. I downloaded 6.3.19-6 drivers and Wacom Desktop Centre displays my model as Intuos P S.

I would very much appreciate your help as the tablet is useless.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Filip

Return to “Pen Tablets”