Wacom Customer Support page: https://support.wacom.com/

Wacom Product Resources - Drivers, Manuals, Warranty Information & Others

Product Registration:
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?

About ARM architecture-based computer support:
Check our FAQ: Does the Wacom driver support ARM architecture-based computers?

Intuos Pro Medium - Pen freezes every few seconds after latest driver update (6.3.19-3)

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
GDany123

Intuos Pro Medium - Pen freezes every few seconds after latest driver update (6.3.19-3)

Postby GDany123 » Sat 17. Dec 2016, 18:16

Hello everybody,

Update:
I finally succeeded to reinstall the previous driver and everything seems to work fine right now.

Original message:
After latest driver update (6.3.9-3) pen freezes every few seconds and the taskbar icon disappears and reappears again when pen unfreezes.
I am using windows 10, the problem occurs in all programs that support the tablet. I tried to reinstall a few times, but with no better results.
Now I'm trying to uninstall the driver and install the previous driver but with no success. The uninstall process stops in the middle and I have to shut it down manually.
Is this a known issue?
Please help!

Thank you in advance,
Daniel

wacom1

Re: Intuos Pro Medium - Pen freezes every few seconds after latest driver update (6.3.19-3)

Postby wacom1 » Mon 19. Dec 2016, 10:48

We are not aware of such a problem with this driver (otherwise it would not be released). The newer driver is needed for the new Cintiq Pro models,for other tablets an older driver is ok.

omegaone

Re: Intuos Pro Medium - Pen freezes every few seconds after latest driver update (6.3.19-3)

Postby omegaone » Wed 28. Dec 2016, 23:14

Just bought this expensive stuff 2 days ago. I thought I got a defect unit, now I know the problem is on the drivers and my problem exactly the same like yours.
I'm using win10

GDanny123: where I can find the previous driver? thank's

omegaone

Postby omegaone » Thu 29. Dec 2016, 00:20

Deleted the latest driver
Installed the driver from the box

And, the reconnecting problem is gone

I'm sure the latest driver caused the reconnecting problem

Homerboy

Postby Homerboy » Fri 30. Dec 2016, 16:56

My daughter is having the EXACT same issues. Where can we download older drivers?!

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Sat 31. Dec 2016, 14:36

Go to the driver page and scroll down to the Cintiq Companion drivers, where you find the button 'show older versions'. These driver work for other tablet models as well.

tommytwice

Postby tommytwice » Sun 1. Jan 2017, 03:50

I had the same problem. Wacom sent me the following instructions about how to completely remove 6.3.19-3:
Open the Control Panel

Open Programs and Features

Uninstall any listing here for Tablet or Wacom Tablet and then restart the computer

Once restarted please manually check to see if any of the following files are left behind. Please make note of which files are leftover then delete them by moving them to your trash and emptying the trash.

To delete the files below you will need to unhide your system folders. To do this, go to Start button> Control Panel> Appearance and Personalization> then click on Folder Options. Go to the View tab and under Advanced Settings, click Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then click OK.

C:\Program Files\Tablet
C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\WTablet
C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp\wactemp
C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Wacom
C:\Windows\System32\
WacDriverDLCoinst.dll
Wacom_Tablet.dll
Wacom_Touch_Tablet.dll
WacomMT.dll
WacomTabletUserDefaults.xml
WacomTouchUserDefaults.xml
Wacom_Tablet.dat

Once removed and the trash emptied, restart the computer.

Driver installation

Disconnect the tablet from the computer

Press the Windows key on your keyboard, along with the X key to bring up the Utility menu

Select Programs and Features in this menu (in the lower left of the desktop)

Uninstall any listing here for Tablet or Wacom Tablet and then restart the computer

After restarting, download and install the last compatible driver from:

http://cdn.wacom.com/u/productsupport/d ... 3.15-3.exe

Once the installation is complete, and the system is stable, connect the tablet

As always, make sure your tablet is connected directly to your computer. Avoid using USB hubs, keyboard/monitor ports, or docking stations with the tablets, as they can cause inconsistent behavior.

Now I'm happily using the older driver (6.3.15-3). No more pen freeze!

andyuser

Postby andyuser » Wed 7. Jun 2017, 16:12

This didn't help in my case. It is even worse now with newer drivers. Pen works fine when in mouse-only mode (without drivers). Almost every time pen gets into proximity to the tablet there is no response/cursor freeze (have to get pen up and down couple of times to get response again). There is no freeze when using fingers or eraser side. The issue must be some kind of driver conflict.
Please, help!
It started couple of months ago and was occasional but now it is unbearable. Changed nibs, tried like 6 driver versions, with all other equipment disconnected, different usb ports, updated system & graphics driver, turned off windows7 touch functions and ink etc.
This might be something with touch feature having some kind of problem. Is there a version of drivers that completely disconnects touch function for my tablet? I dont use it anyway.
Please, help!

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Thu 8. Jun 2017, 07:34

If you see the problem with pentip, but not eraser, it is probably a faulty pen. Open tablet properties, go to About -> Diagnose and check pen pressure with the pen in tablet proximity. Should be close to zero. If too high, you can try to adjust the click pressure level in pen tip feel advanced settings, but basically the pen should be replaced.

If it looks ok in diagnostics and you run under Windows: turn off 'use Windos Ink' - that could activate special pen functions like penflicks and could cause intermittent reactions.

andyuser

Postby andyuser » Thu 8. Jun 2017, 14:20

Windows Ink is off.

In diagnostics everything is ok (also zero pressure when tablet in proximity). I can't see any damage on the inside elements aswell. It is all very strange because pen works fine each time tablet senses its proximity. When I bring pen up and back down onto tablet slowly (about 3 sec intevals) there's no lag/freeze 99% of time.

However, while doing this test I noticed very quick hourglass icon glimpse next to cursor after tablet sensed proximity of the nib, which normally shouldn't occur, especially since system is not engaged with any tasks - all software is turned off at the moment.

Return to “Pen Tablets”