Wacom Customer Support page: https://support.wacom.com/
Wacom Product Resources - Drivers, Manuals, Warranty Information & Others

Pen not working after Mac OSX update June 2019:
http://forum.wacom.eu/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4011

Why is the cursor on Windows a white dot or crosshairs?
http://forum.wacom.eu/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4013#p8912

Mac OS 10.15 Catalina Beta:
https://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guideId=015-916

Product Registration:
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?

Drawing software:
If you wondering which software to choose, check the trial versions below:

new Intuos pro drivers issue-unable to use pen at all

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
zuzaart25

new Intuos pro drivers issue-unable to use pen at all

Postby zuzaart25 » Wed 31. Jul 2019, 07:49

Hi there.

My Intuos pro arrived yesterday. I connected it to my PC, set it up and downloaded the latest drivers. However, when I use the pen, it completely spazzes out and doesn't react as it should. Examples:
-Corel 2020, when I pick up the pen, the brush icon/circle becomes huge and starts flashing. Then the canvas zooms to 1600%.I can't click or draw at all. When I use mouse, it's fine.
-Photoshop CC, I can do some small brush strokes, but each stroke is interrupted by a right click. As if the pen's nib itself had a right click function. In this case, the brush menu opens after every single stroke. Again, mouse works fine.
-The clicks and buttons don't work in windows either. So if I actually press the button on the pen to right click, nothing happens.

I contacted wacom support and tried to manually uninstall the driver. I was told to uninstall the driver and then delete the following:
WacDriverDLCoinst.dll
Wacom_Tablet.dll
Wacom_Touch_Tablet.dll
WacomMT.dll
WacomTabletUserDefaults.xml
WacomTouchUserDefaults.xml
Wacom_Tablet.dat
C:\Program Files\Tablet
C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\WTablet
C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp\wactemp
C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Wacom

None of those files were there. I did have hidden folders visible.

After I re-downloaded the driver for the 5th time, now my tablet just shuts down the minute it's connected to my PC. So when disconnected, all the little lights are on, but the minute I connect it, they turn off and the wacom centre doesn't detect a device.

I tested the tablet on my work PC today and it works perfectly. It turns on and works with no issues in CC and Corel. So this is clearly a driver/software issue. I'm planning on running system file checker and reinstall my OS when I'm home. Any thoughts what else I could try before going nuclear?

wacom5

Re: new Intuos pro drivers issue-unable to use pen at all

Postby wacom5 » Wed 31. Jul 2019, 08:36

Hi
The way you describe the issue, it actually seems to be a hardware connection problem.
Are you using any HUB to connect the tablet at home? Please connect the tablet directly to the computer and avoid using any HUBs. If you have a desktop PC, then connect to any port in the back of the computer. This way you will connect directly to the motherboard.

zuzaart25

Postby zuzaart25 » Wed 31. Jul 2019, 09:10

wacom5 wrote:Hi
The way you describe the issue, it actually seems to be a hardware connection problem.
Are you using any HUB to connect the tablet at home? Please connect the tablet directly to the computer and avoid using any HUBs. If you have a desktop PC, then connect to any port in the back of the computer. This way you will connect directly to the motherboard.

Hey, thanks for your reply.

I connect the tablet directly to my desktop PC using the cable provided by Wacom. I tried both front and back USB ports, but the same thing happened. I also didn't mention in the original post, but while I was troubleshooting, my main PC screen was flashing black for a good 15 minutes and the icons/text on it were blurry. It was really strange.

If the tablet works perfectly at work, could this suggest there's something wrong with my PC?

wacom5

Postby wacom5 » Wed 31. Jul 2019, 09:22

I would start there. Your PC is seems to be having problems in general.

We know the tablet hardware is fine since it works well at work. It doesn't sound like a software issue either.

zuzaart25

Postby zuzaart25 » Wed 31. Jul 2019, 09:34

wacom5 wrote:I would start there. Your PC is seems to be having problems in general.

We know the tablet hardware is fine since it works well at work. It doesn't sound like a software issue either.

Please keep in mind my PC only started having problems yesterday evening when I was troubleshooting the tablet. After I uninstalled the drivers and didn't have it connected, the PC was again working as normal. So it was only not working correctly at the time my tablet was connected.

Thank you for your advice though.

Return to “Pen Tablets”