NEW tablet drivers 6.3.21-10 for Windows and 6.3.21-8 for OSX released. For release notes use the link below the driver on the download page. Main change is support for the new Cintiq Pro 16 model and a new 'Wacom echo' feature for MobileStudio Pro.

for Windows: Fixed several problems related to touch on display tablets. Last update for an issue with transferring paper sketches or sketching in Inkspace

for OSX: Wavy lines problem fixed polus a number of other issues fixed or improved.

Can't get smooth lines on Intuos.

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
MangoRose

Can't get smooth lines on Intuos.

Postby MangoRose » Sun 12. Mar 2017, 18:12

I got a Wacom Intuos Draw for Christmas to replace my aging bamboo, but haven't drawn anything in three months because I can't get smooth lines while using it. All the lines look very jittery, and sometimes there will be VERY obvious angles coming out of a line that I'm positive I didn't draw. I'll erase these bumps/angles and try to draw the line again, and in the same spot, it makes a bump or angle in the line again. Does anyone know how to fix it? I dug out the old bamboo and all the lines are smooth and it doesn't make these weird angles, but I'd hate to not use the Intuos, as it was a gift.

wacom1

Re: Can't get smooth lines on Intuos.

Postby wacom1 » Mon 13. Mar 2017, 08:13

If the problem happens at a specific spot on the tablet, it is probably a fault in the hardware like a 'dead strip'. Such a tablet needs to go for repair or should be exchanged - contact our support for that. A short-term workaround would be using a smaller 'portion of tablet' area in the driver and avoiding the faulty spot.

MangoRose

Re: Can't get smooth lines on Intuos.

Postby MangoRose » Mon 13. Mar 2017, 22:10

Thanks. I considered that, but if I get a bump drawing upwards, it doesn't always happen drawing downwards. It's always the same point on the image I'm working on, and not necessarily the tablet. If I were zoom in and scroll over, and try to draw a line using the same part of the tablet that gave me issues before, it works then. And it doesn't happen with other tablets.

Return to “Pen Tablets”