NEW tablet driver 6.3.22-3 for OSX released. For release notes use the link below the driver on the download page. Problem mit modifiers on keyboard getting stuck was fixed.

New version for for Windows 6.3.22-6: Fixed various problems - f.e. pen not working after start or return from sleep.

For more details see the driver release notes on the driver download page.

Can't get smooth lines on Intuos.

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
MangoRose

Can't get smooth lines on Intuos.

Postby MangoRose » Sun 12. Mar 2017, 18:12

I got a Wacom Intuos Draw for Christmas to replace my aging bamboo, but haven't drawn anything in three months because I can't get smooth lines while using it. All the lines look very jittery, and sometimes there will be VERY obvious angles coming out of a line that I'm positive I didn't draw. I'll erase these bumps/angles and try to draw the line again, and in the same spot, it makes a bump or angle in the line again. Does anyone know how to fix it? I dug out the old bamboo and all the lines are smooth and it doesn't make these weird angles, but I'd hate to not use the Intuos, as it was a gift.

wacom1

Re: Can't get smooth lines on Intuos.

Postby wacom1 » Mon 13. Mar 2017, 08:13

If the problem happens at a specific spot on the tablet, it is probably a fault in the hardware like a 'dead strip'. Such a tablet needs to go for repair or should be exchanged - contact our support for that. A short-term workaround would be using a smaller 'portion of tablet' area in the driver and avoiding the faulty spot.

MangoRose

Re: Can't get smooth lines on Intuos.

Postby MangoRose » Mon 13. Mar 2017, 22:10

Thanks. I considered that, but if I get a bump drawing upwards, it doesn't always happen drawing downwards. It's always the same point on the image I'm working on, and not necessarily the tablet. If I were zoom in and scroll over, and try to draw a line using the same part of the tablet that gave me issues before, it works then. And it doesn't happen with other tablets.

Return to “Pen Tablets”