New driver posted for Mac, version 6.3.25 now supporting OSX High Sierra. Windows driver is still 6.3.24. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Intuos Pro 2017. Anyone noticed the bumpy surface?

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
dream33

Intuos Pro 2017. Anyone noticed the bumpy surface?

Postby dream33 » Fri 17. Mar 2017, 04:53

Hey guys.

Just got my SECOND replacement of the new Intuos Pro Medium, Regular, and I just could not help to notice both units came with bumps in the surface. The one more easily noticeable is around the center of the tablet, horizontal and vertical. But there are others. Like right next to the wacom brand in the right and close to the dial, in the left. If you shine a light in an angle towards the surface, it becomes pretty obvious. I can definitely feel the difference with my finger.

I've read somewhere else another person with the exact same issue.

Can you guys check yours?
Can Wacom check their units internally and come forward with this? I feel lots of people will end up returning theirs because of this.

I'm wondering if this is a batch problem or by design. And by that I mean flaw design.

This is supposed to be the most elegant and clean intuos tablet ever and Wacom could not even get the surface flush?

dream33

Re: Intuos Pro 2017. Anyone noticed the bumpy surface?

Postby dream33 » Tue 21. Mar 2017, 21:04

Cmon Wacom staff.

It is pretty easy to just look at a couple of new intuos pro units and come with some proper feedback to my issue. I can't keep replacing these forever.

alangalura

Postby alangalura » Thu 23. Mar 2017, 17:42

dream33 wrote:Hey guys.

Just got my SECOND replacement of the new Intuos Pro Medium, Regular, and I just could not help to notice both units came with bumps in the surface. The one more easily noticeable is around the center of the tablet, horizontal and vertical. But there are others. Like right next to the wacom brand in the right and close to the dial, in the left. If you shine a light in an angle towards the surface, it becomes pretty obvious. I can definitely feel the difference with my finger.

I've read somewhere else another person with the exact same issue.

Can you guys check yours?
Can Wacom check their units internally and come forward with this? I feel lots of people will end up returning theirs because of this.

I'm wondering if this is a batch problem or by design. And by that I mean flaw design.

This is supposed to be the most elegant and clean intuos tablet ever and Wacom could not even get the surface flush?

Mine has a slight bump slightly in the middle of the tablet, slightly off center. If you are using the touch feature this is a deal breaker. Luckily I don't use touch and just use pen input where the bump isn't as noticeable.

I agree that this is a huge letdown, along with many other problems going on with the 2017's.

ngowalde

Postby ngowalde » Fri 24. Mar 2017, 10:08

No bumps here. But I agree with the letdown with some other problems. I´ll put my paper pro edition to the side and using the Intuos 4 again.
1) My pen tip of the intuos pro paper edition was worn down after one week of daily usage. The tip is completely gone. Can´t be to replace pen tips couple times in a month.

2) Everytime I start my computer fresh (Win8) I have to unplug the tablet USB and Plug it in to get the tablet noticed. Otherwise it´s not responding automaticly. I´m updating the drives everytime there pops up something in the wacom Dashboard. But no solution yet.

Antipodes

Postby Antipodes » Sat 25. Mar 2017, 15:17

Mine has a bump right in the center

Lhojaya

Postby Lhojaya » Wed 21. Jun 2017, 08:30

Same here. Bump right onto the middle. And a wee one on the bottom left corner. Is that really normal? If I use the pen very lightly, I can feel that bump. Wacom? Any suggestions? 530€ is a price on which you expect absolute quality and finishing.

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Thu 22. Jun 2017, 06:46

If your tablet has a bump, contact customer support in your region. They should be able to help.

dream33

Postby dream33 » Thu 22. Jun 2017, 11:14

wacom1 wrote:If you tablet has a bump, contact customer support in your region. They should be able to help.

can you confirm whether this issue has been solved or not with recent units?

PaulFierlinger

Postby PaulFierlinger » Sat 8. Jul 2017, 21:39

I just got an Intuos Pro 2017 and it indeed has a bump on the very left edge but I hadn't noticed it until reading this thread -- only work with Pen -- no Touch.

dream33

Postby dream33 » Mon 10. Jul 2017, 11:04

PaulFierlinger wrote:I just got an Intuos Pro 2017 and it indeed has a bump on the very left edge but I hadn't noticed it until reading this thread -- only work with Pen -- no Touch.

Can you please tell me the serial number of your unit? I was told the problem had been fixed but I need to know what serials are good to go. Yours is one Id avoid.

Return to “Pen Tablets”