NEW tablet driver 6.3.22-3 for OSX released. For release notes use the link below the driver on the download page. Problem mit modifiers on keyboard getting stuck was fixed.

Laste version for for Windows 6.3.21-10: Fixed several problems related to touch on display tablets. Last update for an issue with transferring paper sketches or sketching in Inkspace

Photoshop CC 2017 not recognized

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
Karmalakas

Photoshop CC 2017 not recognized

Postby Karmalakas » Mon 27. Mar 2017, 19:02

Win 10 Pro x64, PS CC 2017, Intuos Pro. All with latest updates. Intuos settings does not recognize Photoshop program. It just thinks it's one of other apps. Tried removing and adding from suggested open apps. Tried removing and adding by browsing .exe file. Didn't help. Any ideas how to fix this?

Click for bigger image:

wacom1

Re: Photoshop CC 2017 not recognized

Postby wacom1 » Tue 28. Mar 2017, 12:45

I would try to remove/rename the folder 'C:\Program Files\Tablet\Wacom\App Specific Settings' or at least the photoshop file there. (This file has the preset definitions for Photoshop, but might not apply for your version of PS.) Then remove the entry for Photoshop in the driver control panel, restart and manually add Photoshop. That should allow you to configure all PS specific settings yourself.

Karmalakas

Postby Karmalakas » Tue 28. Mar 2017, 17:42

wacom1 wrote:I would try to remove/rename the folder 'C:\Program Files\Tablet\Wacom\App Specific Settings' or at least the photoshop file there. (This file has the preset definitions for Photoshop, but might not apply for your version of PS.) Then remove the entry for Photoshop in the driver control panel, restart and manually add Photoshop. That should allow you to configure all PS specific settings yourself.

Didn't help. Still unrecognized :(

Karmalakas

Postby Karmalakas » Sat 1. Apr 2017, 15:13

So any idea what's wrong? Tried removing the file you suggested and restarting my PC. Tried adding manually the PS .exe to settings, but it's still not recognized. Updated all to the latest drivers (6.3.21-7) - still not working. Tried reinstalling everything (except Windows) with no luck.

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Fri 7. Apr 2017, 07:27

Did you reset the driver (Wacom desktop center -> backup settings -> reset settings) ? Then open PS and add it in the driver. You should see it in the application list. Which setting do you try to change for PS (perhaps the problem is with a specific setting) ?

Karmalakas

Postby Karmalakas » Fri 7. Apr 2017, 07:41

I received an email from Wacom support with the instructions:

Please try to backup and reset Photoshop preferences and do the same on Wacom:
Please reset your Wacom preference files, to make sure no errors have arisen there.
»Open >Wacom Desktop Center
»Select >Backup Settings on the left
»If you have altered any of the pen or ExpressKey settings, save a backup of your customised device settings to the Wacom Cloud or onto your computer. An accessible local backup file may be useful later.
»Click >Reset Settings. This will restart the driver, and reset the settings to tested factory defaults, eliminating any software bugs or conflicts.
»Test the tablet. After the test, you can >Restore your settings again, either using Wacom Desktop Center, or by double-clicking your backup file.
»»If the test did not change anything, you will need to take the next step as advised.
»»If everything works after resetting, but the problem reappears after restoring them, re-create your settings manually. Test the problem function frequently while you do this. If it is working, make a backup. This way you will discover if it is a specific problem setting, and won't have to start again from square one!

If the steps above do not solve the issue, please try to download a previous version of the driver
Firstly, please download the current driver from our website http://cdn.wacom.com/u/productsupport/d ... 3.20-7.exe then:

•Disconnect from the internet, and shut down all running programs.
•Disable all security software (anti-virus, firewall etc.)

To remove the Wacom driver completely, run the following steps:
•Unplug the tablet's USB cable from the computer.
•Uninstall the driver using the PROGRAMS/APPS AND FEATURES section of the Control Panel
•Check for any other 'Wacom' or 'Bamboo' software that may be shown there. If you have either installed, Bamboo Paper and Wacom Inkspace do not need to be removed, but please uninstall anything else. Bamboo Dock is no longer supported.

The following should have been removed automatically, but if you find them, please manually remove them from your system:

•Also in PROGRAMS/APPS AND FEATURES check for and remove "WebTablet FB Plugin 32 Bit" und "WebTablet FB Plugin 64 Bit" (if they were properly removed C:\Program Files\tabletplugins\WacomIE.dll should no longer exist)
»»Check that "WacomIE.dll" has been removed from C:\Program Files\tabletplugins (if they were properly removed WacomIE.dll should no longer exist)
•Reboot your computer
•Search Windows for the following.
»Open Device Manager and remove any remaining Wacom entries
»"tablet.dat " and "pen_tablet.dat" from anywhere on the hard disk (search as administrator)
»"wintab*.*" from the WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 and WINDOWS\SysWOW64 folders
•Reboot your computer

Your tablet driver has now been completely removed from the system.
You can now re-install the driver:
•Right-click on the driver file you downloaded earlier, and select 'run as administrator'
•Follow the steps to complete the installation.
•Reboot your computer
•Plug the tablet directly into your computer's main USB port (at the back if a desktop PC) to test it.
NB USB hubs and extensions often cause issues with low power or data speed.

For me resetting tablet preferences helped, but restoring them messed up Photoshop again (neither express keys nor pen recognized Ps is active). So I've reset preferences again and started adding back manually app by app starting from Photoshop and so far all works well. Added back already Ps, Lr, Chrome and Thunderbird. It's a shame I have to create panels all over again, but at least it works as supposed to.

jamesmoliver

Postby jamesmoliver » Fri 7. Apr 2017, 11:25

I seem to constantly have troubles while Adobe updates/enhancements the Adobe CC platform. We have been up to date to Photoshop CC 2017 these days and now I can't get the PortraitPro Studio plugin to work. Has all and sundry discovered a way to do it?

Eliseward92

Postby Eliseward92 » Mon 10. Apr 2017, 10:00

Tried removing the file you recommended and restarting my laptop. Tried adding manually the postscript .exe to settings, however, it's still not recognised.

Return to “Pen Tablets”