NEW tablet driver 6.3.22-3 for OSX released. For release notes use the link below the driver on the download page. Problem mit modifiers on keyboard getting stuck was fixed.

Laste version for for Windows 6.3.21-10: Fixed several problems related to touch on display tablets. Last update for an issue with transferring paper sketches or sketching in Inkspace

Scratches on intuos pro

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
Hayflick

Scratches on intuos pro

Postby Hayflick » Wed 12. Apr 2017, 08:58

Hello!

Four days ago I received my intuos pro that I started using right away. But yesterday I noticed there were scratches marks on it, so I checked the pen's tip and it's already beveled... So I wanted to know if this was normal or if I'm using it like a barbarian. Should I change the tip and dont apply much pressure from now on ? By the way the little scratches do not dissapear when I wipe them with a cloth.

Regards.

dream33

Re: Scratches on intuos pro

Postby dream33 » Thu 13. Apr 2017, 02:02

Which intuos pro model exactly do you have?

djeeks44

Postby djeeks44 » Fri 14. Apr 2017, 07:32

I 've had the same a year ago. The pencil tip right out of the box was not OK.
Changed it by a new one and everything is OK. It had nothing to do with wrong pressure.
But it's strange you had the same issue.

henrikmjoberg

Postby henrikmjoberg » Fri 21. Apr 2017, 23:55

Some tips are softer than others in the Intous Pro stand. Although I've had the same issue perhaps a year ago with a black nib. It got really sharp due to the friction against the board, hence I scratched the surface slightly. However that isn't a fault and the surface will get polished and have reduced friction over time with increased use.

If you have a scratch or two that catches the pen you can gently rub it away with fine steel wool grade #0000. Or if you like you can add a sheet of paper on top. It will not affect performance in any case.

Good luck!

Return to “Pen Tablets”