New drivers posted for Mac and Win, version 6.3.25. Now supporting OSX High Sierra. Windows driver 6.3.25-3 is updated to versiob 6.3.25-5 now to fix an issue with the WL Kit. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Intuos Pro cursor issue

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
halton2076

Intuos Pro cursor issue

Postby halton2076 » Thu 13. Apr 2017, 02:05

Hi,

I have a medium size Wacom Intuos Pro, and I have this weird problem: when I drag the cursor to any of the edges on the screen, the cursor kind of bounces back, making the use of the tablet a real pain.

I have exactly the same problem as on this video that I found: https://youtu.be/5T9ipD2qupc?t=17

This only happens when I'm hovering the pen, not when it's touching the tablet, but it still makes navigating with the pen really annoying and uncomfortable.

I've had this tablet for a little more than a year, and back then, I had the exact same issue. Couldn't find any way to fix it. Quite a few people on the old official Wacom forums also had this problem, they couldn't fix it either.

I tried pretty much everything now: modifying many kinds of setting, reinstalling drivers, trying older drivers, other USB ports, new cable, reinstalling my computer (Windows 7, 8, now 10), nothing helped.

For personal reasons, I couldn't use this tablet for a long time, and now that I took it out of the box again, I installed the latest drivers, and the problem is still present, and I still can't find any way to fix it.

I'm using the tablet in Pen mode. Can't seem to reproduce the problem in mouse mode, but mouse mode is not what I'm looking to use.

Never had this issue (or any issue at all) with my 4 year old small Bamboo tablet, so I'm quite disappointed.

I couldn't find anything else related to this problem on the internet. It's just driving me crazy now. Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated.

wacom1

Re: Intuos Pro cursor issue

Postby wacom1 » Thu 13. Apr 2017, 07:13

I think this problem can happen if you move the pen quickly out of the marked active area. The tablet still detects the pen there and driver sends the pointer back too much. - I suggest to define a smaller portion of tablet area for the moment to avoid this.

halton2076

Postby halton2076 » Sun 16. Apr 2017, 00:03

wacom1 wrote:I think this problem can happen if you move the pen quickly out of the marked active area. The tablet still detects the pen there and driver sends the pointer back too much. - I suggest to define a smaller portion of tablet area for the moment to avoid this.

Thank you for your answer, but this doesn't solve my problem. I spent this much money on a bigger tablet to have a big area, I don't want to reduce it.

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Mon 17. Apr 2017, 14:05

I still recommend to test it. In that case we should be able to reproduce it and fix it in the driver. Otherwise the tablet might need repair.

halton2076

Postby halton2076 » Tue 18. Apr 2017, 21:01

wacom1 wrote:I still recommend to test it. In that case we should be able to reproduce it and fix it in the driver. Otherwise the tablet might need repair.

I did test it with a slightly smaller area and it stops bouncing in the reduced area, unless I'm draggin it really fast out of the otherwise full area.

Well, I truly hope it's not a hardware issue. Another weird thing to mention: my driver actually crashed once (for whatever reason), then the "bouncing" was gone (but of course, so was my pressure sensitivity). After restarting my PC, it was back to "normal", with bouncy cursor.

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Wed 19. Apr 2017, 09:13

We had some feedback from developers: the problem depends on speed of pen movement on certain tablet models. This could be handled differently in the driver but unfortunately it results in wavy lines when drawing. Unless we find another solution, we can only suggest using a slightly smaller tablet area or slower pen movements (or a newer tablet model with different hardware).

Return to “Pen Tablets”