NEW tablet driver 6.3.23-3 for OSX released. For release notes use the link below the driver on the download page. Fixed: Problem mit modifiers on keyboard in combination with pentip, accidential double-clicks etc.

New version for for Windows 6.3.23-1: Fixed various problems - zooming with expresskeys, 'driver not responding' error message and others.

For more details see the driver release notes on the driver download page.

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom Cintiq Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to version 1.2.3.0 to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.
There is now also such a firmware update for MobileStudio Pro for this issue.

macOS driver 6.3.21-8 makes button shortcut stuck

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
dream33

macOS driver 6.3.21-8 makes button shortcut stuck

Postby dream33 » Thu 13. Apr 2017, 02:11

Hey.

So I was super excited when the new driver came out as it fixes the wobbly lines.

I'm with a macbook pro mid 2015 (no gpu) and latest photoshop version. Installed the newest driver using Wacom Desktop Center and restarted the machine.

Opened PS and did some line work. Indeed crisp lines! Then off to start a painting. That's where the problems started.

I use the bottom side button mapped to OPTION (eye dropper). When I paint fast, by doing some brush strokes and immediately using the side button for color picker, it will get stuck in the color picker state like I was still holding it. Except I was not. That kill my workflow completely as after color picking, I can not smoothly go back to the next brush stroke without a huge lag time, until the cursor realizes the button was not active anymore.

Had to go back to bad lines but the ability to paint fluidly by reinstalling 6.3.21-5.

Man, every release is like that. Fix one, break the other. So frustrating.

NikitaS

Re: macOS driver 6.3.21-8 makes button shortcut stuck

Postby NikitaS » Fri 14. Apr 2017, 22:39

I hated wobbly lines and was very excited too when wacom released new driver.

But I have the same problem with sticking keys in Photoshop.

New driver is piece of shit.
It is a shame for the leader in the graphics tablet industry.

goddard

Postby goddard » Sat 15. Apr 2017, 20:33

I'm on a Mac Pro 2013 with Sierra, and I've had the stupid wavy lines and sticky modifiers forever, this latest update seems to have fixed both. I'll keep you updated if I see anything ugly come back. Are you guys both in Sierra?

anshiru

Postby anshiru » Sun 16. Apr 2017, 02:14

I've been following this forum since last December, when I updated to Sierra and the problems with wobbly lines and sticky keys began for me, but now I just had to register, cause this situation is just beyond ridiculous. I am using Macbook Pro mid 2015 running the latest version of Sierra with Intuos Pro M, and I work in PS CS6. The latest driver fixes wobbly lines for me, but is introducing sticky keys all over again - after a minute of working it's impossible to Ctrl+Z, as Ctrl stays pressed unless you press it again, colour picker (Alt) either gets stuck or doesn't work at all, and it goes on. I do not understand how with such extensive user reviews on your drivers Wacom team just can not make a driver that would just.. work.

The only solution I myself found was (maybe it's going to help some of you here): installing driver 6.3.18-4 and manually killing the installer so that it doesn't restart your computer, then there is no sticky keys or wobbly lines, and everything works great, but if you want to restart your mac, you have to reinstall the driver again, otherwise the sticky keys (the main problem of that version) return.

I've been speaking to Wacom Asia support through email for 1,5 months through December 2016-January 2017, but that lead me to nothing. I sincerely hope Wacom fixes this issue soon, because I am starting to seriously consider buying another device. For now I have to return to my temporary solution that makes my computer run for weeks with no restart, but at least it makes me able to do my work.

goddard

Postby goddard » Sun 16. Apr 2017, 04:47

Yep, I'm actually getting some sticky modifier keys. It's not as bad as it used to be, but still there.

NikitaS

Postby NikitaS » Sun 16. Apr 2017, 11:09

goddard wrote:I'm on a Mac Pro 2013 with Sierra, and I've had the stupid wavy lines and sticky modifiers forever, this latest update seems to have fixed both. I'll keep you updated if I see anything ugly come back. Are you guys both in Sierra?

Thanks!
Yes, I have MacBook Pro 2015 with MacOS Sierra and Intuos Pro M
Last edited by NikitaS on Sun 16. Apr 2017, 19:35, edited 1 time in total.

dream33

Postby dream33 » Sun 16. Apr 2017, 14:58

I'm on a macbook pro 2015, latest macOS sierra, intuos pro medium 2017.

The difference between 6.3.21-8 and 6.3.21-5 is night and day. No matter how fast I go, the latter simply won't stick, while the former does pretty frequently.

Return to “Pen Tablets”