NEW tablet driver 6.3.22-3 for OSX released. For release notes use the link below the driver on the download page. Problem mit modifiers on keyboard getting stuck was fixed.

New version for for Windows 6.3.22-6: Fixed various problems - f.e. pen not working after start or return from sleep.

For more details see the driver release notes on the driver download page.

Tilt direction is Inversed - Intuos Pro

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
Bingo626

Tilt direction is Inversed - Intuos Pro

Postby Bingo626 » Mon 8. May 2017, 13:43

When painting in photoshop my tilt is registering in the opposite direction. It was working fine as I was painting and then mid way through my session the tilt direction shifted. I'm not sure if I triggered a keyboard shortcut or something, I cant find any information on how to change it back. I reset my Photoshop settings and updated the wacom driver and restarted everything, but it hasn't helped.

To clarify, this isn't a brush rotation issue. When I hold the grip pen normally in the right hand, with the pen angled toward the top left of the tablet, I would expect the 'spray' from the brush to go from the brush cursor out to the top left of teh canvas. Instead, the 'spray' goes from the cursor to the bottom right.

Thanks for your help in advance.

wacom1

Re: Tilt direction is Inversed - Intuos Pro

Postby wacom1 » Mon 8. May 2017, 14:14

You can check in the tablet driver diagnostics, that tilt in x direction and tilt in y direction is measured. You might reset the driver settings to be sure, that you have the default setting. Based on this information Photoshop calculates the 360 degree tilt angle and spray direction.

Bingo626

Postby Bingo626 » Mon 8. May 2017, 16:18

Thanks, Ill give that a go and let you know. Not sure that's it though, as I did set the tablet settings to the default without any change.

Bingo626

Postby Bingo626 » Mon 8. May 2017, 16:39

In Diagnostics the tilt is being measured, and it seems to be correct value based on this excerpt I found in the manual:
4. Test tilt for the x-axis by moving the pen from a vertical position toward the right; the X TILT value should change from approximately 0 to +60. Now move the tool to the left of vertical; the X TILT value should change from approximately 0 to -60.
5. Test tilt for the y-axis by moving the pen from a vertical position toward the bottom of the tablet; the Y TILT value should change from approximately 0 to +60. Now move the tool toward the top of the tablet; the Y TILT value should change from approximately 0 to -60.

Perhaps the issue is in photoshop? I keep wondering if I triggered a keyboard shortcut unintentional. Though I reset all my Photoshop preferences and that didn't fix it. Any other thoughts?

Thanks Again

Return to “Pen Tablets”