NEW tablet driver 6.3.22-3 for OSX released. For release notes use the link below the driver on the download page. Problem mit modifiers on keyboard getting stuck was fixed.

New version for for Windows 6.3.22-6: Fixed various problems - f.e. pen not working after start or return from sleep.

For more details see the driver release notes on the driver download page.

One of many: Driver issues, Pressure randomly working, no tablet detected error

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
MrAvion

One of many: Driver issues, Pressure randomly working, no tablet detected error

Postby MrAvion » Mon 8. May 2017, 23:27

Hi there,

after reading through many posts in this board i like to share some pain with you.
I just bought for a CG art workshop the so called industry lead wacom intuos pro m.
Quality etc. looks fine but the software gives me worries to give it back unless i can fix it within this week.

Windows 10, x64 system, full workstation.
The issue, I can connect via usb, kinda works fine most of the time with lags though (windows ink etc. turned off) but randomly the driver seem to crash, pressure and touch get turned off, photoshop does not recognize it anymore etc.

I bought it to use also via distance specifically bluetooth. But man that just won't work. The support always says "re-install drivers, clean this up, do another re-install, test on other machines, etc. etc. etc" and believe me, I tried them all. Resettet the service, put in a re-start loop for the service etc.

I just won't work. Photoshop, Sketchbook etc. what ever i use, the pressure and touch just randomly drop.
Is it the firmware? How can one do a factory reset (the needle button seem to not work or do not a factory reset)

What are your experiences?

The solutions I found in the board are the delete everything guide (in some folders the copied driver files etc. ) than the re-boots, the service suspicion and re-adjustments, the install without antivirus, the change usb ports, ... tried em, not wórking here.

Does anyone have the same experience and maybe a fix for it? Any other ideas what to do? Give it back and by the competitor? (really do not want to do that)

PS: I have not even started drawing yet ant the tip is already pretty used. (i have a gentle pen hold, no force) How long do these tips last? That few hours only? I would burn through tips within a month by that rate.

Thanks for your help and feedback!

wacom1

Re: One of many: Driver issues, Pressure randomly working, no tablet detected error

Postby wacom1 » Tue 9. May 2017, 07:26

When this happens, can you still move the screen pointer with the pen ? Is the tablet LED still On ? What happens when you unplug and replug the USB cable ? If that works, there is a problem with the connection (cable or USB driver). If you only have to reset the tablet preferences, there is a software problem. - Support should find out, whether the problem is in the hardware or something in software and that requires some tests (use another port, turn off touch, try another computer).

JuliMmmm

Re: One of many: Driver issues, Pressure randomly working, no tablet detected error

Postby JuliMmmm » Wed 10. May 2017, 14:49

same here. as of today, it is not recognized by my computer or tablet! I bought it weeks ago. I had a lot of issues with it until now, but I could somehow work. And now it is completely useless, and support has been more of an additional problem maker than help. This is one of the works experiences I had with a product in my life.

lingwood

Postby lingwood » Wed 10. May 2017, 16:58

Yeah I've got the same experience. Worked more or less OK (with the service giving up occasionally). Now it works as a pen, but the wacom driver flatly refuses to detect it so the buttons don't work and some applications don't register the pointer/clicks properly.

I've cleared the drivers off and installed them again and it works for a short while, then breaks again.

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Thu 11. May 2017, 06:36

The tablet driver relies on lower level system drivers for the USB and HID connection, that are not under full control of the tablet. For example the BIOS may decide to switch 'unused' USB connections to save mode (we recommend to turn off 'USB legacy support' in BIOS, if you have such an option). Same thing can happen with Windows USB drivers, going to power saving mode (only mouse speed data transfer). - When the tablet stops working and you unplug&replug the cable, this connection is reset. If it is still not working, reset the driver (remove or restore tablet settings).

Support should help you troubleshooting to see, whether the problem is in hardware (f.e. bad cable) or software.

Return to “Pen Tablets”