New drivers posted for Mac and Win, version 6.3.25. Now supporting OSX High Sierra. Windows driver 6.3.25-3 is updated to versiob 6.3.25-5 now to fix an issue with the WL Kit. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Driver 6.3.22-3 still having issues with modifier keys

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
riczito

Driver 6.3.22-3 still having issues with modifier keys

Postby riczito » Mon 22. May 2017, 14:10

Hi,

I have a Pen and Touch CTH-490, and I'm using it with a 2017 Touchbar 15" MacBook Pro, and an external Apple Magic Keyboard and Magic Mouse.

I am having all sorts of issues when I attempt to click and drag an object with both Shift and Option keys held down (copy & move object with constraint) on both the Bluetooth keyboard and the built-in Mac keyboard. Only one of the two keys will register, not both. And even then, only intermittently. This only happens with the Wacom tablet. I have no such issues using the Magic Mouse.

Generally, holding Shift or Option down individually whilst dragging is already a hit and miss affair, let alone holding both down at once! This is definitely happening in Illustrator, Photoshop and Experience Design, as well as the Mac Finder.

Please sort this out - the tablet is unusable as it is!

Thanks,
Ric Zito

HandMadeMonster

Re: Driver 6.3.22-3 still having issues with modifier keys

Postby HandMadeMonster » Sun 28. May 2017, 10:26

Hi,

Just weighing in on this. Same issues as riczito here.
No problems with trackpad on both wired and bluetooth keyboards.
Very problematic issue. It basically renders the Wacom half useless for most of my workflow.

Please address this issue. Thanks
Mark

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Sun 28. May 2017, 15:07

When using combinations of modifier keys, please use pen buttons or tablet expresskeys with miúltiple modifiers for this at the moment. Using separate buttons can have problems.

HandMadeMonster

Postby HandMadeMonster » Sun 28. May 2017, 15:45

Thanks, Wacom1, I had configured my tablet buttons to avoid the problem as good as possible already. Still, that can hardly be the solution. I had key combinations in use for the express keys, that I now have to miss, too.
Good luck in figuring out the problem and correcting it.

Mark

tictock

Postby tictock » Mon 26. Jun 2017, 16:17

Hi

I'm wondering if there is any news or update on this?

My medium Intuos 5 touch (driver 6.3.22-3) , along with an 27" iMac (on Sierra 10.12.5) is still experiencing this issue.

Makes working in illustrator (or most of the Creative Cloud apps) extremely frustrating - to the point where I"m about to ditch my wacom in favour of a mouse until it's fixed.

The issue isn't just with Adobe products.
If I uninstall the Wacom driver the problem goes away.

For example, in illustrator if I hold down the 'shift' and 'alt' keys (on the mac keyboard as I don't really use the wacom express keys) and drag an item, the expected action would be to drag and copy the object, but movement would be constrained to either X, Y or 45º axis. This doesn't work. If I hold either 'alt' or 'shift' (but not both) the individual key functions as expected – just not together.

Similar story if I try to proportionally scale an object from the center. That requires two keyboard modifiers, but it won't work as long as Wacom driver is installed...

How to fix this please?

Many thanks
Stef

tictock

Postby tictock » Mon 26. Jun 2017, 16:36

Hi again - My previous post hasn't been moderated yet, but I have an update anyway – incase it helps anyone else.

I uninstalled the current 6.3.22-3 driver using 'Wacom Tablet Utility', and then installed the previous driver (6.3.21-8).
Using double or triple modifier keys on my mac keyboard appears to be working as expected again.

I don't use the side switch on the pen or express keys for much so this solutions works for me for the moment.

Cheers

HandMadeMonster

Postby HandMadeMonster » Thu 29. Jun 2017, 08:45

For a product that is so reliant on Mac OS compatibility, you would hope a solution to this is imminent.
Please fix this.

HandMadeMonster

Postby HandMadeMonster » Sun 9. Jul 2017, 10:08

It appears the issue is fixed in the 6.3.23-3 update. Thanks for that! Life just got easier again

Return to “Pen Tablets”