Wacom Customer Support page: https://support.wacom.com/

Wacom Product Resources - Drivers, Manuals, Warranty Information & Others

Product Registration:
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?

About ARM architecture-based computer support:
Check our FAQ: Does the Wacom driver support ARM architecture-based computers?

Wacom not working with new update og AutoCAD 2017

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
jostema

Wacom not working with new update og AutoCAD 2017

Postby jostema » Tue 20. Jun 2017, 06:27

Hi

We just had two incidents on two different computers with two different Wacom tablets that crashes AutoCAD 2017 after the newest AutoCAD update.

AutoCAD crashes the second you plug the wacom USB to your computer. If you unplug the Wacom tablet, AutoCAD works as usual.
We have tried replacing the computers.

The tablets are an Wacom Intuos (the large one) and a Wacom Bamboo CTL-460, which i believe the latest drive is from 8/20/2015. The Intuos is a newer one.

Have there been any other issues with new AutoCAD crashing using Wacom produvcs? And if is there any sollution to the problem?

wacom1

Re: Wacom not working with new update og AutoCAD 2017

Postby wacom1 » Wed 21. Jun 2017, 06:52

So far we have no such reports. - All was working ok before the update ? Autocad (at least older versions) look for the presence of a tablet - more specifically, they look for the files wintab32.dll (in SYSTEM32 and SYSWOW64). If that is found, Autocad requests information from this DLL, whether a tablet is attached and then gets size and settings. If you remove the wintab*.dlls, Autocad should not see a tablet attached and start normally. (Then Autocad cannot use tablet features, but it could help to identify the problem.) If it makes no difference, I would check with Autodesk support, perhaps the problem comes from plugin/extension or using another method for tablet support.

jostema

Re: Wacom not working with new update og AutoCAD 2017

Postby jostema » Mon 26. Jun 2017, 15:52

Hi

Yes everyhing was working fine before the update. The error began a week ago. have been using Wacm since 2004 everyday on AUTOcad and never had issues. I am using the newest version on AutoCAD. I have now testet the WACOm on several PC's in the office and they all crash AutoCAD the second I plug in the Wacom pen. AutoCad works if i don't have the Wacom pen plugged in.

AUTOdesk support says they don't have any responsibility having their product working with Wacom. It's the other way round.

I am getting quite desperat here, as I can't do my job properly without the pen. Any other sollutions?

Return to “Pen Tablets”