Wacom Customer Support page: https://support.wacom.com/

Wacom Product Resources - Drivers, Manuals, Warranty Information & Others

Product Registration:
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?

About ARM architecture-based computer support:
Check our FAQ: Does the Wacom driver support ARM architecture-based computers?

Multiple problems with Intuos on new iMac (18,3)

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
NoLooseEnds

Multiple problems with Intuos on new iMac (18,3)

Postby NoLooseEnds » Wed 28. Jun 2017, 14:28

Hi guys,

I'm experiencing multiple problems on a brand new iMac (18,3) with my Wacom Intuos Pro (M).

• iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)
  • CPU 4,2 GHz Intel Core i7
  • 40 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
  • Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB
  • macOS 10.12.5 (16F2073)

I've tested with driver versions 6.3.22-3 and 6.3.21-8

Problems:
  • The pen does not work in login screen (both driver versions)
  • Resize objects from the center (key: alt/option) and with the aspect ratio locked (key: shift) in Adobe CC software does not work on driver 6.3.22-3
  • Spinning beach ball of death after almost every move in Adobe InDesign (v 12.1.0.56), it's unbearable to work that way. I'm not having the same issue if I disconnect the tablet and use a mouse.
  • General sluggish behavior

This is incredibly annoying.

How do I go about to sort this out?
Is there a recommended older driver?

Thanks!

wacom1

Re: Multiple problems with Intuos on new iMac (18,3)

Postby wacom1 » Thu 29. Jun 2017, 07:42

The tablet drivers do not work on OSX login screen due to high security constraints in OSX. There is currently no fix for this. - The 6.3.22-3 driver has a known problem for using multiple modifiers (Alt/Ctrl/Shift etc). Either use the 6.3.21-10 driver or use a tablet button with multiple modifiers assigned. - I have no info about the problem in Indesign and suggest to check that with Adobe.

NoLooseEnds

Postby NoLooseEnds » Thu 29. Jun 2017, 08:07

Thank you.

I use the tablet plugged in, no bluetooth, if that should effect anything.

And I'm running the 6.3.21-8 now, and that fixed the modifier keys issue (as I stated in the first post). I can't find a 6.3.21-10 version for macOS, just for windows.

Why should Adobe have anything on that issue, since it works perfectly when the Wacom is disconnected and using a mouse? Is'nt that proof enough that the issue is with the Wacom driver?

EDIT: And where can I find the whole driver history. I did not have this issue on my previous iMac, same version of OS X.

NoLooseEnds

Postby NoLooseEnds » Thu 29. Jun 2017, 09:30

Ok.

I went to my colleague, who also has a reasonable new iMac and checked her driver version. She had 6.3.15-2 installed. Running on same OS X version and with a retina screen. Connected with cable, etc. ie. pretty much identical setup. No problems.

I removed the previous driver and installed the 6.3.15-2 (I did not find the link anywhere, but I could manipulate the URL and get it).

I installed it. It has the old Wacom app look, but it seems work much better. So far so good in InDesign and it works in the login screen.

Why does this older driver version work in the login screen if the issue is with macOS?

That makes no sense, since macOS should block the older one as well (if not even more, since it older). The login screen is not an issue for me, as I use the keyboard anyways… but it feels a bit like you guys are playing the blame game.

EDIT:
Spoke too soon regarding beach ball from hell in InDesign. I've even tried to reinstall InDesign, but that does not change anything, but as soon as I kill WacomTabletDriver and use a mouse the issue goes away. So the the culprit is clearly the Wacom driver.

NoLooseEnds

Postby NoLooseEnds » Fri 30. Jun 2017, 10:09

I still have issues with the Wacom Driver, currently downgraded (as stated above), but Suitcase Fusion was also to blame in this. So if anyone have similar issues, try to uninstall Suitcase

Return to “Pen Tablets”