Wacom Customer Support page: https://support.wacom.com/

Wacom Product Resources - Drivers, Manuals, Warranty Information & Others

Product Registration:
Please register our products on https://www.wacom.com/register
How do I register my Wacom device?

About ARM architecture-based computer support:
Check our FAQ: Does the Wacom driver support ARM architecture-based computers?

HELP, Pen freezing on Intuos4

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
JessicaP

HELP, Pen freezing on Intuos4

Postby JessicaP » Thu 29. Jun 2017, 09:59

Hi

I have had this issue for a few weeks now and can't design with it anymore as its impossible to draw with the pen.

My pen keeps freezing, once I start up my Mac its fine for about 10 seconds, but after that it does it constantly.
The tablet works fine with the Wacom mouse on it, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, updating the mac and any other Wacom update there is, changing the nib on the pen, switching to another USB port.
I just don't know what else to try. As the tablet is plugged into the computer via USB, is it a pen issue? Its nearly 10 years old so I wonder if the pen has just had it and i need to get a new one?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I would prefer to fix the problem then buy a new one if possible.

Many thanks.

Jess

wacom1

Re: HELP, Pen freezing on Intuos4

Postby wacom1 » Fri 30. Jun 2017, 07:38

Does same happen with the eraser side of the pen ? I recommend to first remove tablet preferences, then oopen tablet properties -> About -> diagnose. That should show, if the connection to the tablet is lost, the pen/eraser/pressure is not detected - perhaps in some areas of the tablet, or if there is an issue with the software (if diagnostics looks fine, but pointer not moving anymore).

JessicaP

Re: HELP, Pen freezing on Intuos4

Postby JessicaP » Fri 30. Jun 2017, 09:33

Thanks for your reply wacom1, just tried the eraser and that works perfectly fine so it is just the nib end.
Ive done what you suggested and the pressure says 0% on the diagnosis?
The curser is a tiny bit better, rather then freezing, it is now 'sticky' and keeps jumping.
Do I need to do anything else with the tablet preferences? Is there anything else I should try?

Many thanks.

Return to “Pen Tablets”