New driver posted for Mac, version 6.3.25 now supporting OSX High Sierra. Windows driver is still 6.3.24. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Intuos 3 issues with Windows 8.1

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
Ryujinnn

Intuos 3 issues with Windows 8.1

Postby Ryujinnn » Mon 10. Jul 2017, 11:19

No matter which driver I download and install, my Intuos 3 is causing Windows 8.1 to behave erratically. What usually happens is that the driver works for about a minute or so, but when I press the start button to access the start menu (I'm using classic shell to get the classic start menu) it will take me to the start SCREEN. That's when the problems begin. After this happens, and it ALWAYS happens, several things occur. Firefox starts acting crazy and unresponsive. Window apps will open on their own. I also can't use my keyboard to log in unless I remove the Wacom driver or unplug the device, but even without the device connected the driver still screws with windows. I've tried literally every single driver here and none of them work. I've tried disabling Windows Ink, disabling and changing the pen sensitivity settings, system restore, everything. The ONLY thing that works is to use the Intuos 3 without the driver, but then I lose all pressure sensitivity. I cannot work without pressure sensitivity.

This has been going on for months and is extremely frustrating. Actually, "frustrating" is an understatement, this is criminal. People pay SO MUCH MONEY for these tablets and depend on them, yet the entire internet is full of complaints about Wacom drivers that are NEVER addressed by Wacom. I honestly don't know what to do at this point. I am literally losing clients and money because I can't work.

Please help!!! :(

wacom1

Re: Intuos 3 issues with Windows 8.1

Postby wacom1 » Tue 11. Jul 2017, 07:01

This sounds like a defect like one of the buttons is pressed all the time. With the driver installed, you can open tablet diagnostics, check pen pressure and buttom states. If you find a misbehaving button, try to de-activate that button.

Ryujinnn

Re: Intuos 3 issues with Windows 8.1

Postby Ryujinnn » Tue 11. Jul 2017, 09:08

I installed the newest driver then disabled all of the pen buttons and expression keys. It works. There is still one problem that won't go away, when I turn the computer off then restart it with the Intuos 3 connected to the USB port, it seems to clash with one of the startup functions in Windows 8.1. The only solution so far is to unplug the Intuos before booting up. I also had to disable the login password screen and now it boots right to the desktop. Once the desktop is loaded, then I plug the Intuos 3 back into the USB and it works fine. Still can't use pressure sensitivity in photoshop so I'll have to cancel my Adobe subscription and go with Affinity Photo.

Any ideas on what could be causing the driver to crash during startup?

Return to “Pen Tablets”