New driver posting for Mac and Windows. The 6.3.24 driver has an updated user help section and bug fixes including issues related to assigning and entering keystrokes, such as Esc and Shift. Download here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

For more details see the driver release notes on the driver download page.

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

Apple announced that 10.13 High Sierra will be released on Sep 25th. Wacom is currently working on a driver update to support this OS and will be ready by late Oct. Please note that the existing Wacom driver for 10.12 will NOT work so we suggest not to upgrade to OS 10.13 until the new driver is released.
To learn more, visit: http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Intuos Mouse for Intuos Pro 2017

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
Tomorrow

Intuos Mouse for Intuos Pro 2017

Postby Tomorrow » Thu 13. Jul 2017, 15:39

I understand that there is no support for the KC-100-00 Intuos Mouse for the 2017 Intuos Pro tablets.
This is a massive disappointment, as despite it's well documented flaws (double click errors), using the mouse in pen mode on the previous Intuos tablets was super efficient, precise and fast. Especially with two large monitors, nothing compares to the speed and precision.
I cannot believe that this is disabled in hardware - supporting a mouse must be infinitely easier than supporting a myriad of different pens (no pressure sensitivity or tilt needed for example - mouse drivers have been around for decades...) and the mouse is also recognised but the tablet (if I place it on the tablet, use of the pen is disabled). The argument that it is incompatible with touch is untrue, as my last tablet had touch and worked with the mouse.

I realise that this may be a niche need, however, I how have a super expensive Logitech Mouse which I hate, that is less customisable than the Intuos mouse. Please can you either enable the mouse with a driver update so that your newest tablet is not less capable than every Intuos tablet that came before, AND develop a new mouse that doesn't have the double click error. Touch is a terrible replacement for the mouse. It's like finger painting when I need a precision tool and it's completely different to using a trackpad.

Please, please, please bring the mouse back.

wacom1

Re: Intuos Mouse for Intuos Pro 2017

Postby wacom1 » Fri 14. Jul 2017, 09:46

If you prefer a mouse on the tablet, I can only suggest one of the older models. The KC-100 is more than a regular mouse - it has rotation sensing (allows working in tablet-orientation or mouse-orientation) and that requires special handling in tablet firmware. The Intuos Pro is not prepared for that and placing the mouse on the tablet only interferes with the pen detection.

Return to “Pen Tablets”