New drivers posted for Mac and Win, version 6.3.25. Now supporting OSX High Sierra. Windows driver 6.3.25-3 is updated to versiob 6.3.25-5 now to fix an issue with the WL Kit. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Intous Pro 2017 (PTH-660) Bluetooth lag

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
arnoldv

Intous Pro 2017 (PTH-660) Bluetooth lag

Postby arnoldv » Sat 22. Jul 2017, 11:03

Hi,

A month or so I got the latest Intous Pro M, I was quiet underwhelmed by the bluetooth performance, essentially the cursor was noticeably sluggish, on Win10 it felt like the cursor operates at max 50fps ( that's what my 3d app viewport was reporting ), and in Mac OS (tested on 2 different mac laptops) it was noticeably lagging behind although smoothly. Using USB connection everything is buttery smooth.

Today I've received a new Intous Pro M unit after Wacom exchanged the faulty (?) one, but the problem is still there! So I was wondering if anyone else is having the same issue with the latest Intous? is that how it actually performs? Do you guys notice any difference in cursor performance switching between USB and BT?

Cheers!

wacom1

Re: Intous Pro 2017 (PTH-660) Bluetooth lag

Postby wacom1 » Sun 23. Jul 2017, 06:08

Bluetooth wireless connection can be influenced by other wireless signals and is a bit slower connection than direct cable connections. But normally you should not notice a very big difference after the first few seconds of connection. - Make sure that you have the latest tablet firmware installed and the latest tablet driver. Then use Wacom Desktop Center Backup Settings -> Reset settings and test. If it is still lagging, try to turn off other BT connections and wireless connectins. Wifi on 2.4 GHz and USB 3 cables can send interference on the same frequency as well. So disable such things to see, if they affect the Bluetooth connection speed. If so, measures like switching Wifi to 5Ghz or a different WiFi channel, using other USB ports or better shielded USB3 cables should help.

arnoldv

Postby arnoldv » Mon 24. Jul 2017, 06:14

Bluetooth wireless connection can be influenced by other wireless signals and is a bit slower connection than direct cable connections. But normally you should not notice a very big difference after the first few seconds of connection. - Make sure that you have the latest tablet firmware installed and the latest tablet driver. Then use Wacom Desktop Center Backup Settings -> Reset settings and test. If it is still lagging, try to turn off other BT connections and wireless connectins. Wifi on 2.4 GHz and USB 3 cables can send interference on the same frequency as well. So disable such things to see, if they affect the Bluetooth connection speed. If so, measures like switching Wifi to 5Ghz or a different WiFi channel, using other USB ports or better shielded USB3 cables should help.

I've tried the tablet in 2 different corners of the world, on 3 different machines, both inside and in a field where there's no interference whatsoever, it behaved exactly the same. This time I deliberately tried the tabled with older firmware and upgraded after that, performance is exactly the same, reseting through Wacom Desktop Center did not help, hard reseting through the little pin hole on the tablet did not help either. I feel like I jumped on a batch of tablets with failed BT hardware.

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Mon 21. Aug 2017, 13:15

In case you are using a Mac, you can check signal strength with these steps:
a) Pair the Wacom Intuos Pro tablet to the computer.
b) Hold the Option key while clicking the Bluetooth menu to get additional information and settings for Bluetooth devices.
c) With the optional Bluetooth menu activated, select your listed Bluetooth device and the submenu for it should show the detected RSSI value for it.

RSSI = Resource Strength Signal Indicator, RSSI should be between 0 and -50. The higher the value the better performance.

There is no similar option included with Windows, but there is probably some freeware tool for Windows, that can do similar checks.

Kaollx

Postby Kaollx » Mon 6. Nov 2017, 05:08

Hi
Similar problem here. It seems like it happens after some time. At first everything is fine, then after an hour or two it starts lagging. Same tablet bought about two months ago.

wacom1

Postby wacom1 » Mon 6. Nov 2017, 08:41

If it starts lagging after some time, restart the computer. If that helps, the problem is on the side of the software. Otherwise could be hardware side.

Return to “Pen Tablets”