NEW tablet driver 6.3.23-4 for OSX released. For release notes use the link below the driver on the download page. Fixed: Problem mit modifiers on keyboard in combination with pentip, accidential double-clicks etc. Last update for an issue with ZBrush navigation.

New version for for Windows 6.3.23-1: Fixed various problems - zooming with expresskeys, 'driver not responding' error message and others.

For more details see the driver release notes on the driver download page.

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom Cintiq Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to version 1.2.3.0 to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer. - There is now also such a firmware update for MobileStudio Pro for this issue.

Is this normal for ctl/cth480

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
Frs4ken

Is this normal for ctl/cth480

Postby Frs4ken » Mon 7. Aug 2017, 04:16

When i hover high enough my cursor spams out like hell (not my hand) is this normal for this tablet or should i return it.

wacom4

Re: Is this normal for ctl/cth480

Postby wacom4 » Mon 7. Aug 2017, 09:44

That depends on high you hover...
How big is the gap between pen and tablet when this happens?

Since the Wacom EMR technology works with electromagnetic waves, the whole system will get unstable at some height.
Usually the pen should then be "out of proximity", maybe you are hovering just about this area? (slightly in proximity, but nearly out of range)

Frs4ken

Postby Frs4ken » Mon 7. Aug 2017, 11:16

wacom4 wrote:That depends on high you hover...
How big is the gap between pen and tablet when this happens?

Since the Wacom EMR technology works with electromagnetic waves, the whole system will get unstable at some height.
Usually the pen should then be "out of proximity", maybe you are hovering just about this area? (slightly in proximity, but nearly out of range)

Yes it spasms when it's on the higher side but the blue led is still on on though. It starts to happen when the nib is above 0.6 centimeters,is that normal?

wacom4

Postby wacom4 » Mon 7. Aug 2017, 13:49

0.6cm is not much. Would expect it to be approx 2cm.
Do you have a pen with eraser side? Can you test if this happens with the eraser as well?

Are there any disturbances nearby? Phone (mobile or DECT/cordless)? Wifi base station? Speakers?
One test would be to take the Intuos and try it in another room.

Frs4ken

Postby Frs4ken » Mon 7. Aug 2017, 14:30

wacom4 wrote:0.6cm is not much. Would expect it to be approx 2cm.
Do you have a pen with eraser side? Can you test if this happens with the eraser as well?

Are there any disturbances nearby? Phone (mobile or DECT/cordless)? Wifi base station? Speakers?
One test would be to take the Intuos and try it in another room.

yes, same distance for the eraser. For the 2 days i have had this tablet i put it on top of my sleeping laptop during the night, I don't know much about EM stuff but could that be the cause?

I tried to use the tablet as far away from my pc and laptop as the cable would let me but same thing. Also tried different usb cable

Return to “Pen Tablets”