New drivers posted for Mac and Win, version 6.3.25. Now supporting OSX High Sierra. Windows driver 6.3.25-3 is updated to versiob 6.3.25-5 now to fix an issue with the WL Kit. Download drivers and release notes here: http://www.wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Note: All users seeing wavy lines using a Wacom Pro Pen 2 with Wacom MSP, Cintiq/Intuos Pro 13” or 16”, please update the tablet pen firmware to address this issue. The update is now available via the Wacom Desktop Center application on your computer.

For clicking problems with Google Chrome see:
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guid ... ListPage-1

Intous Art CTH-690AK-S Inking Pens

Intuos, Intuos Pro, Bamboo, Graphire, etc.
artysaz

Intous Art CTH-690AK-S Inking Pens

Postby artysaz » Fri 11. Aug 2017, 09:29

Hi

I'm new to graphics tablets and recently bought an Intous Art tablet. Does anyone know if one of the Wacom inking pens would be compatible with it? I would really like to be able to use paper on the tablet (in hindsight, I probably bought the wrong one...). I've googled for ages but cannot find anything online to say yes or no to compatibility.

Many Thanks.

OCDnibwear

Re: Intous Art CTH-690AK-S Inking Pens

Postby OCDnibwear » Thu 31. Aug 2017, 14:57

Googling "Wacom inking pens" and visiting Wacom's online store it states that it is compatible with the Intuos Pro series, therefore it is presumably incompatible.

If you wanted to use paper on tablet, the latest Intuos Pro offers "Paper edition" which allows you to draw on the tablet and to have it digitally recorded within the tablet. However, this can be a costly alternative. If you have already the tablet, you may want to try tracing the images with stylus that was provided with your Intuos Art. A cheaper alternative may also be trying to source a second hand Intuos Pro (e.g. Intuos 4 or Intuos 5, not necessarily Intuos Pro).

Sources:
Intuos4/5 Inking Pen | Wacom Australia
NEW: Wacom Intuos Pro PAPER EDITION! Gimmick or Godsend? (Unboxing & Review) - Youtube
TURN TRADITIONAL ART into DIGITAL - Instant Layers and Detail! - Intuos Pro Paper Edition - Youtube
Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pro Large (2017 "Paper Edition")

Code: Select all

Bus 003 Device 006: ID 056a:0358 Wacom Co., Ltd PTH-860 [Intuos Pro (L)]

wacom1

Re: Intous Art CTH-690AK-S Inking Pens

Postby wacom1 » Fri 1. Sep 2017, 07:08

We do not have Inking Pens for the CTH-690A model. There were Inking pens for some older tablet models (Intuos4/5), and the New Intuos Pro 2017 paper edition comes with a FineGel Tip pen and a BallPoint Inking pen is an optional accessory. If possible return the tablet and get Intuos Pro paper edition instead. If you only need a tablet with paper, check out the Bamboo Spark/Folio/Slate devices. They are designed for offline use with paper and Inking pen and later transfer the data to mobile or desktop.

Return to “Pen Tablets”